Thread: TRIM Firmware upgrade for Toshiba SSD on Lenovo ThinkPad T400

TRIM Firmware upgrade for Toshiba SSD on Lenovo ThinkPad T400

I have the laptop from the Lenovo’s desk and that is Lenovo ThinkPad T400. Now the thing hers is such that I have a SSD running in this laptop and that is from the Toshiba. I have heard that there are some upgrades available so that can support the TRIM. Well I have just heard that and have not got the confirmation about this and if anyone has the confirmation then I will be happy to have that for me. Please notify me if there is any sort of firmware release that can support TRIM.

Re: TRIM Firmware upgrade for Toshiba SSD on Lenovo ThinkPad T400

Well the post that you have made here is like confusing. Not relegated to the release or not with the TRIM but I am confused regarding the Toshiba SSD that you have mentioned. I have not seen Lenovo ThinkPad T400 with the Toshiba SSD but I have seen that it has the Samsung SSD. Will be happy if you can see for this in your laptop and then correct the post that you have made here. Please go in the Device Manager and see if you were wrong in telling the Toshiba SSD.

I have seen some of the laptops from Lenovo having the Toshiba SSD and hence I am not confused with the things that you have mentioned above. Well regarding the TRIM firmware I just want to ask something related to the Toshiba SSD. What is the Windows Experience Index for Toshiba SSD in the Windows 7? Please let me know about this and in the mean time I will try to look into the matter that is being forwarded here.

I am also having the same question here for me. I have seen through this thread and have come up with this result that I have got from Windows 7. I too have the Toshiba SSD for me and I will be really happy if you all can help us both here in the situation here. When I went in the Windows Experience Index I have found that I have 7.1 for the Toshiba SSD in Windows 7 32 bit. What can you all suggest me looking at these things?

I will only suggest that you can simply wait and see if there can be any solution in there. In my opinion it will be best if you can have the word from the official site. Wait and see if there can be anything officially declared from their side. I have not heard anything official from their side and hence will be happy if that thing can come officially. Well I will let you know about anything like this if it happens soon.

I have the things here and would like to announce it here. I have seen and can firmly say that TOSHIBA THNS256GG8BAAA-FDE Firmware AGL10203 seriously lacks support for TRIM. For the support of my words I have a link that can help you understand the things in a much better manner. Support. You will have to click on the drive and after that you will be require to click on the View Drive Information. In the table that I have given here you can see for the 169 so that you can see all the ATA properties of the disk. If there you will see the value 0 then it means that the TRIM is supported. Also I just want to tell that the other name for TRIM is Data Set Management Support. Let me tell you all clearly that there are no firmware updates that can be supplied by Toshiba for any of their SSD.