Thread: Problem adjusting Lenovo T500 Backlight

Problem adjusting Lenovo T500 Backlight

I am having problem with my Lenovo ThinkPad T500 laptop. I have 2 graphics card on this laptop and I don't know which is creating the problem. One is from Intel while other belongs to ATI. I tried running only one at a time but nothing seems to fix the problem. Actually I am unable to adjust the backlight of this laptop and I really don't what is stopping me to do that. I already get it checked with my local retailer who deals into computers but even he is blank to my problem. Can anyone explain me the cause of the problem?

Re: Problem adjusting Lenovo T500 Backlight

The backlight is a part of your laptop screen and it does not works properly if your screen assembly is having the problem. I think you should try out the some external monitor connecting to your graphics card and then see if that works. If it works properly with your external monitor then that clearly indicates that your laptop screen is faulty. If the screen itself is fault than there is no point to taking it to local computer hardware shop since they will not be able to fix this problem. You personally have to look into the matter. If, by chance, the problem persists then the problem lies somewhere else.

I suppose its the power issue. May be the screen is not getting enough power supply and so you are experiencing this kind of problem. It happens if your psu is getting dead or may be the power cable or battery is not providing enough power to the laptop. You may check each of this and confirm by yourself which is causing the problem. If that still doesn't fixes the issue then I would suggest to take to some hardware shop, you can also do this by yourself but it is safer to take it to some shop rather than doing it on your own, and ask then to check the inverter of your laptop screen. May be it needs the repairing to solve this backlight adjustment problem.

I suppose its the problem of loose connections. Why don't you dismental the laptop by removing the all the cables and components from the laptop and then reconnecting all of them once again as it was before. This should help you in some manner. Also, you can even remove any dust from inside the laptop to make sure that is not causing you the problem. You can use a air compressor if you want to remove the last possible dust from your laptop.

I suppose your current drivers which you are running on your computer is actually causing you the problem. It happens if you are running an older version of the driver than what you are supposed to be running, or it sometimes occur if the driver is corrupted or missing (got deleted either by you accidentally or by some virus/malware). Whatever may be the reason behind this, you should try to use some registry cleaner to completely remove it from your computer and then reinstalling it once again.

Why don't you try to install some utilities and rectify the cause of the problem. First of all you can try out installing ThinkVantage System Update on your computer. It will monitor your computer and detect what all things you have to upgrade. Perform the update operation as you have the list of items in front of you. If that doesn't solve the problem then install/reinstall/upgrade the latest ATI Catalyst Control Center and then see if that helps. You may then need to install Hotkey package from ATI to support your T500 laptop.