Thread: Annoying Message Display on Nokia E72

Annoying Message Display on Nokia E72

Hi all, I am using Nokia E72 from last 8 months. I am having Airtel prepaid connection. From last 10 days, it is showing me the message which asks me to select the network connection. It is giving me two options as below:
    • WiFi
    • GPRS packet data

If I cancel that then also after few hours, it shows me the same message again. I have already selected the GPRS as the default priority 1 and it is set to automatic connection then also I am getting this message. Can you tell me that what may be the problem with this? I will appreciate each and every suggestion. Thank you.

Re: Annoying Message Display on Nokia E72

I was also facing the similar problem earlier. It gives me the same message when I exit from my email application. I tried many things to solve this but finally it get solved by setting "When to Sync" to "After notification" instead of "Every hour".
    1. First of all open the Email.
    2. Now open When to Sync.
    3. Go to “update interval” settings and select "After notification" at the place of timer value. This will stop intermittent checking of email.

Try this and this can solve the problem.

OK, you can try the solution posted above and if that is not helping you then you can try the steps given below to see whether this helps you or not?
    1. Open your Email.
    2. Now go to Options->Settings->Mailbox Settings.
    3. Now open mailbox settings > Advance mailbox settings. From there you have to open the incoming email settings.
    4. Open the settings for "Access point in use" .There you have to select the "User defined" in the place of "Ask Always". After that, select the access point.

It may be related to the firmware issue. Have you updated the Firmware? If not then my suggestion to you is to update the firmware that your mobile uses. You can do this by yourself. Just connect the mobile to the computer and go to Nokia site. There you will find the complete instruction about the update. If you are not confident about this then you can just go to any computer repairing shop and ask them to update the firmware. They will charge something for that but will do it properly.

If you want the best solution for this then you should contact the service provider (Airtel as you mentioned). They will tell you the exact problem and the appropriate way to solve this. This will be the best option for you. I don’t think that it is related to the firmware anyhow. Anyway just call them and ask for the problem.

Thank you very much to all of you for your replies. It was the problem with the email settings. I followed the steps suggested by Odalis and this solves the issue. I want to recommend all you guys to do the same if you are also facing the same problem. Once again thank you very much all.