Thread: Lenovo T400 unable to boot and can’t access BIOS

Lenovo T400 unable to boot and can’t access BIOS

Hi friends, I having Lenovo T400 model with me, the problem with it is that I am unable to boot it up. When I turn on my system, i see the Think vantage logo on the start up and it stays there. Then I try to access the BIOS but it doesn’t give any response. Then I connected the hard drive to see if it is a hard drive problem. But there is no problem with the hard drive. The hard drive is responsive when connected it with the help of the USB. I can't get past the Think vantage logo, no response when attempting to access the BIOS. Is there any idea how to fix it?

Re: Lenovo T400 unable to boot and can’t access BIOS

Try to access it in the Safe mode. If you access it in then why not you try the system restore. Also try to remove all the PCI cards to see whether it boot up the system. If it goes past that screen, then put them in one at a time. Most of the time Ethernet cards, modem cards, video cards being faulty, it will cause the system better not to boot up. the other option for you is to try a new hard drive. If you unable to boot into anything, the hard drive will not function.

Try to remove the motherboards CMOS and also be sure that unplug the computer power cable from the system. Then move the CMOS jumper to the some clear position or also try to remove the battery for few minutes. Reposition the CMOS jumper to its position and then power up the system. See whether if you can now get in to the BIOS, check for the hard drive if it is detected or also aasume that there is a failing part, it can also be probably a bad hard drive or memory.

Try to boot it with the help of the live cd or the other bootable cd or dvd. Set bios to boot from that drive. And use bootable usb to try. than may be you can access the bios. or call for the support and they will fix it but it will cost you, try to boot from a Windows CD or something related to it. access BIOS setup by pressing F2 or Del key during Boot POST? press ESC key while the Intel Splash screen shows up to see if any Onscreen POST messages are seen on the screen