Thread: My Compaq Presario V2000 is dead

My Compaq Presario V2000 is dead

I own a Compaq Presario V2000 by means of the intention of I bought it in May 2005. Not with the intention of previous one. Additional than it has tribulations. Regarding a year ago, I started having tribulations by means of my battery dieing extremely quickly. So I utilized the power cord additional regarding 8 months ago it got to the point with the intention of the battery would not hold a charge at the entire. I had bought an innovative 12 cell battery less than a month ago and it had been running extremely well. The thing is most recent night it totally blacked off without warning. I consideration with the intention of maybe the battery had died and I had not noticed it flashing. So I took my battery to class today and had a class mate charge it in his system. Imagine with the intention of perhaps my cord was not charging it and I would necessitate to solder with the intention of correlation. I did not even be familiar by means of the motherboard had its own battery any suggestions.

Re: My Compaq Presario V2000 is dead

I have comprise a Compaq Presario V2000 by means of 1 GB of RAM. The unit is regarding 18 months old and has by no means had windows reinstalled. In the precedent I would familiarity random shut downs when I would endeavor to burn a CD. At present it's been shutting down when I am working with programs such as Word or Macromedia Dreamweaver. It seems to be OK by means of internet browsing and the approximating. I immediately completed up taking off the bottom of the laptop. I blew out was negligible dust there was and reassembled the whole thing. I be able to hear the fan turn on each at present and the entire in excess of again. I downloaded Adaware and eliminated 72 items. I downloaded McAffee and the laptop persists to shut off throughout the initially scan. I rebooted in safe mode and working with McAffee yielded the similar results.

The thermal shutdown circuit is almost certainly causing it to shut off. I suggest receiving it checkered out or a warranty repair. Maybe the fan is not running. Regrettably I am out of assurance so I am on my own here. I am able to hear the fan working. If it was going terrible would it immediately die or would it be a sluggish death. I immediately took it apart the entire in excess of again and blow out the whole thing. Optimistically I immediately missed some dust. What temp be supposed to it be operating at. I was wondering approximately the internet penetrating for v20o0 in excess of heating and I ran across this discussion. I have comprised the similar laptop and it is receiving the similar temp readings does this mean it’s immediately a design flaw. Compaq did not be familiar by means of the respond, so I am endeavoring to figure out if this system is immediately premeditated to run hot and if so how be able to I get it to cool down. In addition side make a note of the heat exaughst is located regarding a cm to the left of the power port and be able to in excess of heat the power cord it essentially melted my power cord.

I am a Tech and have encompassed and worked on more than a small number of of these units. The REAL tribulations and incredible uncomplicated to attach; there is a thin black aluminum metallic type covering in excess of the heat sink and fan air scoop area. What is happening (terrible engineering design) is there was a oppressive adherent placed on the bottom of the metallic covering to grasp it in place. The adherent be supposed to encompass been located on the 2 ends not in excess of the complete covering. As air flows transversely the heat sink heading to the productivity fan; dust, lint, hair, etc. is receiving trapped on the sticky covering ultimately obstructing the air flow. You necessitate to get a something approximating "Goo Gone" to eliminate by means of the intention of adherent and then eliminate the 4 tiny screws to holding the fan then methodically clean the air flow area. I originate so to great extent lint in one unit trapped in the air scoop area with the intention of as almost immediately as you twisted on the unit, in a matter of seconds it would shut down. Subsequent to methodically cleaning the unit it worked absolutely.

In the recent or present days my 2 yr previous Compaq V2000 would not boot. I got the ntldr not originate communication. Looked similar to the hard disk was fried so I got an innovative disk. Position in the innovative disk and utilized the Compaq the entire in One DVD to endeavor and restore the system. The DVD booted, I picked the alternative to reinstall the complete operating system, it demonstrated a progress bar generating restore separation and then gave the ntldr not originate message. I ran the hard disk self test from side to side the BIOS and it checkered out. The replacement disk is 160 Gb 5400rpm IDE (Hitachi). Receiving distressed, I opened up the apparatus and took out the CMOS battery, missing it out for 20 minutes and position the whole thing back together the entire in excess of again.

A broken down internal processor, be able to cause this error. As numerous users tend to overclock CPU's (and Ram) your primary choice would be to load Bios defaulting (or Optimized Defaults) in CMOS. Additional than a hardware faulting on your CPU means it determine to necessitate to be replaced (this be able to be a diminutive hard to give explanation currently. Be able to be apparatus attached to your system essentially USB and modem apparatus be able to cause tribulations by means of installing Windows moreover unplug them (essentially several not desirable apparatus) or put out of action them in CMOS It's a bit grey at this point. Without additional information in sequence on error communication or no matter which else ie be able to be HardDrive or even the CD you are utilizing. After updating I position a vista DVD disc and was capable to go get the HDD work. Additional than it shuts down itself the entire in excess of again when it endeavor to install the UPDATES during installation.