Thread: Nokia N8 restarts regularly

Nokia N8 restarts regularly

I have recently purchased a Nokia N8 which I thought is really an awesome phone but I am totally wrong it is started giving me trouble within three days I bought it. I am getting the issue related to the phone is that it is starting regularly after a particular time of interval. I don’t know why it is happening to this phone and this immediately. Please help me to get the solution from this problem.

Re: Nokia N8 restarts regularly

Before solving the issue I want to know the following things so that I will be able to solve the issue:
    • Did you have installed a new sim card or using the older one which you were using in the previous cell?
    • Did you install anything before you have started getting this issue?
    • Have you a memory card in the phone , if you have take it out and see if the behavior still persists.

Actually I amusing the which is 5 years older sim card in the mobile which I was using in my previous phone which wasS60 and I have installed the a kaspersky antivirus for s60 v5 and after that I have started getting this issue in my phone. I am not using any memory card in the phone right now. Now will you please suggest me the solution for the problem? Please help me.

For your kind information I want to tell you that the phone you are using a symbian phone which do not required any antivirus. And if possible please change the sim card and see if the problem is still persisting in the phone. Because sometime an older sim card leads to such kind of problem which you are facing right now with your fresh mobile.

I have done a lot of search to get the solution of this issue you are getting in the newest cell. I think hard reset is the best option to get the desired solution. For this hard reset you need to stop all the application which you are currently running on the phone. And then press the buttons simultaneously power button, volume button, home button and hold button. This will lead you to get the desired solution try doing this.

Hello everybody, I've recently bought a brand new Nokia N8. It was working fine but when I installed a Kaspersky antivirus, the phone went crazy and keeps rebooting and then dies. Does anyone know how to solve the problem before I go to the Nokia Care Centre? NB I tried soft reset and even hard reset but unfortunately nothing seems to work. Thank you in advance for your help.

Not sure why it is happening like that but most probably the reason for this action may be the virus. May be, you have downloaded some app for your mobile and virus came with the same. All what i can suggest you is dont try anything yourself. As you have recently bought it, better take to Nokia Care. This will help you to avoid/break your warranty.

Thanks a lot dude. This is what I did and it seems I am getting lucky. They replaced it immediately.