Thread: How can I repeat the voice guidance in OVI maps on my N8

How can I repeat the voice guidance in OVI maps on my N8

I have recently purchased a Nokia N8 mobile phone as it has many features like 12 MP cameras I think is the most loving feature of this phone and also have many things like Xenon flash, a mini HDMI port, Video on Demand through OVI Store, 3G HSDPA and many things so on. But I am having the problem with its OVI map as it is working fine upto date but recently I am failing to repeat the voice of the OVI map as I am using this for the first time in other phone we have key to press and repeat the voice f the phone so that we will be able to get the proper guidance while using the OVI map in the phone. I think this problem is due to the touch screen mobile it is and also contain a few buttons on the phone. Please help me in getti8ng the proper solution.

Re: How can I repeat the voice guidance in OVI maps on my N8

As you are not the only people to have this issue with the Nokia N8 mobile phone. It is a touch screen phone and many people are having the problem related to its few buttons on the phone. I think you can get the desired solution in this nokia N8 by using the following points:
    • For getting the repeat voice guidance for the OVI maps you need to go to the option and click on it
    • After clicking on this you will get a list containing many options to it then select repeat from the list and this way you will be able to get the desired solution.

OK thanks as this thing resolve my problem with the phone I was having. One more thing I want to know is that the OVI map also provide the guidance for the driving too if yes then please help me in getting the information how it works. I need to know about the OVI maps how it will work. Please help me in getting the solution.

Voice guidance for the OVI maps are best if they are available in your own language which will be much better and helps you to get your way to the desired destination. For this you need to select the language first in the OVI map which can be done by using the steps given below:
    • First you need to go to the MENU and click on it.
    • Then you will get the option MAPS in the appeared menu.

In the MAP option just select DRIVE or Walk. After this if you are using this application for the first time you will get a message to select the language of the voice guidance of the VOI maps and then accordingly download the appropriate files. If you choose words that comprise road names then it will speak the raid names loudly. If the voice guidance is not available in the chosen language by you then you can change the language by following the steps:
    • Go to the Options and after this select the Settings.
    • After selecting all this things you have choose the navigation method which type of navigation guidance you need
    • then go to the navigation option
    • then select the guidance method you want.

To turn on the application just use the following points:
    • In the chief vision go to the Options menu and then go to the Settings and select it.
    • After this choose the Navigation option and then select the driving guidance which you will get the indication in beeps and vibrations.
    • You can select the volume by using the option and then volume settings.