Thread: Unable to get video driver for the Acer Aspire One 521

Unable to get video driver for the Acer Aspire One 521

I am using the Acer Aspire One 521 laptop from a year or so with windows Xp installed on it also the Intel dual core processor. Now the thing here is that whenever I play any of the game it appears in a small screen, I don't know what is wrong with it but always getting the same thing with each and every game. Some of my friends told me that it is the driver problem and have to install the same. But I am not able to get this driver anywhere. Please help me to know why I am not able to play the games in the full screen mode and also tell from where I can get the drivers.

Re: Unable to get video driver for the Acer Aspire One 521

I think you have to change the settings for each and every game that you are playing. Actually the thing here is that whenever we install any new game on the system it initially appears in low resolution only. And that is the reason why you are getting the small careen in every installed game. So do one thing start any game and select the option tab and under that you will find the visual setting just click it, later on you have to select the resolution and then set the highest resolution that you want. After that you have to restart the system. I am sure that doing this will definitely help you to increase the size of the screen while playing games.

I think you have to visit the official website of Acer where you can find the driver needed and then you can install the same on the system. According to me you have to visit that site and select the category that is Notebook and then the model number that is Acer aspire one 521 and then hit enter. Then all the desired driver list will be in front of you download the appropriate driver that you need and install the same on your system. Here is the Link that will help you to download the drivers: http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?L...CRC=2054404012

First of all thank you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for giving the solution I have successfully downloaded the required drivers from the official website of Acer. But I have started facing a new problem here is that I am not able to control the brightness of the laptop. Whenever I set it as per my satisfaction it again goes high in the next login. The brightness has increased immensely. I don’t know why it happened but unable to fix it please assist me in this case.

I think there is an issue with the LCD panel’s cable, in this you have not do anything just contact the Acer customer support and place a complaint over there and tell them regarding the problem. But keep this for last this problem also occurs when the driver is not updated. So try and update the driver and see whether the problem occurs again or not. I am sure that if the problem is related to the driver then updating will help but if the issue is with the LCD panel then visit the Acer customer support.