Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M display issue on Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M display issue on Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885

I have seen most of the threads here saying or suggesting or guiding how to over clock the Graphic Card, but in my case I want you all to suggest me how to under clock the Graphic Card that I not at all over clocked. I have with me Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885 laptop and in addition to that I have NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M and this is the thing that I want to have under clocked. Please tell me the means so that I can have this Graphic Card under control and performing to its level. I have seen that the temperature of the GPU keeps rising, any suggestion by which I can have the temperature of the GPU under the prescribed range. What are things that I will have to reduce on so that I can have the things go in the proper manner?

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M display issue on Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885

What is the temperature that you are getting for the GPU of yours I mean to say for the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M. I do not think that there is any issue with the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M of yours and if the temperature is near around 40 to 45 degree then I will suggest that it is normal and in that case you are not to worry for the same. Well if at all the temperature is more than 60 degree then I think that it is the case of concern and you will be required to look for that. Please do not worry for the case if you have not over clocked the Graphic Card then you will not end up with any issue. Please let me know about the Temperature that you can sense and see what the range is. You can use the Temperature Monitor for that.

In all the cases as such I have seen that the GPU gets overheated and if you are really finding that the temperature is out of the Limit then I would simply suggest you to have the CPUID downloaded. As I have suggested many of the same and will suggest you to do the same. Seer what it results in? It is really important that you mention the temperature so that we can look at the situation with that heat and intensity. Please make your post soon.

The same has occurred with me as well. I even have the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885 and was facing the serious issue of the Over clocking or say Overheating and then after searching a lot I thought that it will be nice if we can have the Toshiba Tech Support in the action. I called the tech support and they instructed me that it will be wise if I can reload Windows to factory settings. On the first occasion that worked in my favor but when I tried playing the games for the third time I found that the system was caught with the Freezing issues. However the advice that they gave me really hurt me a lot and I had to enter the service center so that they can have a close look at that and they took it and replaced the required parts and now all is well here on the laptop. I was fortunate since I was having the Laptop under warranty and I got the remedy free hope the same for you.

I have seen many of the cases with the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885 the cases include Freezing and the Overheating. In my opinion it will be the best thing if you can have the laptop to the service center and seek their advice in the matter. I am sure that they will be in a better position to deal with the situation. As far as their products are concerned I think that they are the best in handling them. I am sure that you will have the problematic parts replaced. Yes if you are under the warranty then you are sure to have the replacement for free and if not then you will be required to pay for the parts. I hope that you are under the warranty. Ask for the same on the Phone first and if they confirm then handle the laptop to them.

I think that I will also have to go with the same solution. I am also having the same issue and the temperature here is really high. I had the CPUID on the system of mine installed and that resulted in 80 degree centigrade. I think that it is extremely high and when I saw that I immediately turned that off and started to seek for the help. I have seen some of the cases were the issue is somewhat prominent with this model of the Toshiba and hence I think that I will have the things at the right place. I have learned that they replace the Motherboard and all the parts that were causing the issue but the only thing is that they take lot of time and I will be happy if they can have that replaced to some faster rate.