Thread: Unable to select the display by pressing the Fn and F5 key on Satellite 5205-S503

Unable to select the display by pressing the Fn and F5 key on Satellite 5205-S503

I am having a Satellite 5205-S503 system with me and running windows XP on my machine. I am experiencing problem while I am trying to select my computer to display on the TV. The exact problem is that when I am trying to press the FN and f5 key on my machine, in order to select the display, but the thing is that nothing happens. Before this problem, I use to get the option of built in display, external monitor, external video device, or the internal display. But now I am getting no such options. Do you have any fix for this problem? Please help. Thanks.
    Last edited by ButterCup; 23-11-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Re: Unable to select the display by pressing the Fn and F5 key on Satellite 5205-S503

I have a nice solution for fixing this problem. I will suggest you to install the two utilities which I am suggesting you below. Try click on then in order to download it directly from the Toshiba website.
    Toshiba ACPI Common Modules for Windows XP/2000/98SE
    Toshiba Display Hotkey Utility for Windows XP
    After installing this utilities now try to perform the thing you wanted to do. I hope that you will be able to solve your problem.
    Last edited by rohit007; 23-11-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Re: Unable to select the display by pressing the Fn and F5 key on Satellite 5205-S503

After going through your problem, I think that your problem is related with the display driver on your machine. So for solving this issue I will advise you to reinstall the display driver for you machine. Before reinstalling the driver try to update the driver, so if the problem is getting solved out by updating the driver, then there is no need to reinstall the driver. I think that the solution which I have provided to you will really help you in solving your problem. I would like to tell you one thing that even I had facing similar problem with my computer and at that time I had tried the same solution for solving my problem. So even you can try it.

I have tried to download the link which you have provided to me. I have installed both the utilities on my machine and after installing this utility, when I am trying to Press the Fn and f5 key, then i get option for selecting only CRT/LCD, but before I was getting the option for LCD, CRT/LCD, CRT, TV, TV/LCD. So I think that still my problem is not fully solved out. Please do help. Thanks for the above reply.