Thread: Display flickers for Toshiba Satellite E105-S1402 Laptop

Display flickers for Toshiba Satellite E105-S1402 Laptop

Friends, I bought a new Toshiba Satellite E105-S1402 Laptop last month. It is working fine but whenever I move the screen then it flickers the screen. There are many small cables that go to screen. I think that there must be some loose connection to the cable that is causing the issue. Can you tell me that what is the problem and how can I solve that? Thank you very much for your replies in advance.

Re: Display flickers for Toshiba Satellite E105-S1402 Laptop

I think that you are right and it is some cable that is loose and causing the problem. You should take your laptop to any computer repairing shop and ask them to resold all the connections that goes to the display. This will fix the connections and solve the issue for you. I did the same when I was getting the same issue and from then it never gives such problems.

As you told that you have bought it new and its only two months from purchase. So I am sure that you must have the warranty card for it and it is still under warranty. Just Check for that and let this issue directly to the dealer and see what he can help you. If you are not satisfied with them then you can send it back to the manufacturer and they will fix the issue. And if it has some major problem then they will replace that with the new one. This will be the best and the safest way for you.

I am also using the same model from Toshiba but I have somewhat similar issue with mine. It was working fine and one day it suddenly shows me vertical colored lines. After a few minutes it just goes blank and I was helpless to do anything. Is it hardware or the software issue? I have already tried many things from my side but all that were useless. Please help us guys.

I think that the display chip for your laptop is gone and that is why you are getting a blank screen. All you can do is just take it to any computer repairing store and ask them to change the display chip for that. There may be many other possible reasons for this but there are more possibility for this issue. Make sure that it is not under warrant and if it is under warranty then take it to the manufacturers care and they will guide you in the best way.

There are many long screws on the back of the laptop. These screws are used to hold the plastic strip. This is near to the power and quicklaunch buttons. If you want to check that if it is due to lose connection or not then you can remove those screws and remove the plastic piece off. When you remove that then you will be able to see the cable connection to the motherboard. Ensure that it is properly connected to the slot. Press that gently if you feel it is loose.

It can be the problem with your display driver. It may not be working properly and that is why you are getting the error like that. My suggestion to you is to uninstall and install the driver again. This may solve the issue and if it is not able to help you then you can search for the latest driver and install that to your system. I wish this will solve the problem for you.

You may have problem with the display driver that is installed in your laptop. It may be corrupted and that is causing the problem for your display. You can uninstall and install the driver again to see whether it solves the problem for you or not. If that is not helping you then you can search for the latest driver on manufacturer’s site and if that is available then download that. Install it on your computer and this may solve the problem for you. This is one of the possible reasons for this problem.