Thread: Broken Signature in Toshiba Satellite T235

Broken Signature in Toshiba Satellite T235

Hi I am having the Toshiba satellite T235 laptop and using it from last few months. It has windows vista operating system and the Intel core i3 processor. But from last few days it has started giving me some unusual problem. Whenever I try to turn on my system it will take more time to start then it was taking earlier. The windows makes me wait for longer period before starting the system say almost 7 to 8 minutes approx. That to when I calculated yesterday but today it took almost more that 10 minutes to start. I don’t know why this is happening. When I tried to scan my system with the antivirus then I found this: “C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSAPINS\COMPS1\Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (3264bit)0\MANUAL\B27611B.EXE”. I am unable to understand this error and also not able to fix it and I believe that this is the only reason for slow start of my system. Please help me to solve to issue.

Re: Broken Signature in Toshiba Satellite T235

The error that you are getting after the scan is not actually an error it is a utility file which has been deleted by the antivirus of your system. Now what you have to do in this case is that just try and find this utility service again and then install the same on your laptop. I am sure that installing this will definitely solve your issue. Also make sure that you download the file from an official site and then install don’t use any pirated or unauthorized source.

The first thing that I will like to know here is that which antivirus you are using for scanning the system. Because it may happen with some of them that they directly delete the .exe file if they didn’t found the digital signature. You can resolve your problem by reinstalling the windows operating system that you are currently using. In this case install the Vista again and that to a fresh and updated copy make sure that you will not use any of the pirated one which will definitely give problems in future. I am sure that installing vista again will resolve your issue.

First of all thank you for answering my problems but the thing here is that still I am not able to solve the issue, I have reinstalled the windows Vista but the problem remains the same. As asked by you I am using the Avast antivirus on my system. Also I was not able to find the deleted utility please inform well I will get it. This thing has frustrated me a lot please help me to get rid of it.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have selected a wrong antivirus for your system Actually it is not bad at all, but it has a tendency to delete the .exe files of any application or an utility if the digital signature for the same is not found. So try and uninstall this antivirus that you have and install the updated and the latest antivirus that will help you to scan your system without deleting the .exe files, which will not give you any problems in future.

I think you can get this utility on the official website of Intel. And you have to download from there only don’t try and take from any untrusted and unauthorized source. You can this file easily on the below mentioned link: http://www.intel.com/products/sitemap.htm. Here you have to just select the chipset of yours and then download the appropriate file. I am sure this will definitely help you to solve your problem and also make sure that after installing on your system don’t scan your system for viruses unless and until you reboot the laptop.

If you have to solve this issue then you have to uninstall the operating system that you are using but before that you just have to install a proper and updated antivirus. And in this case I have a better option for you, try and install the AVG. The AVG is the powerful antivirus that protects your system. It will not delete any of the .exe file of your system which treated as a threat by the other antiviruses. Here are some of its exciting features that will help you to know this in detail:
    • It provides you the Social Networking Protection that protects you account and keeps it safe from the intruders.
    • It also provide you the Community Protection Network, that enables you to keep the neighbour hood watch
    • It also gives you the Protective Cloud Technology
    • And also the Smarter Scanning that’s scans your pc at specific interval of time