Thread: Vantec Nexstar 3 USB/eSATA Hard Drive Enclosure

Vantec Nexstar 3 USB/eSATA Hard Drive Enclosure

I am looking for a solution for carrying my data and sharing multimedia files. I have around 50 GB of my video presentation in my system which I want to share with my friends. I want an easy option to transfer the files from one place to another, so i am thinking that using external hard drive enclosure is better idea for this work in which I can store large amount of data and I can use it flexibly. I have idea about one model that is Vantec Nexstar 3 USB/eSATA but I don’t know any detail information about it,so please explain me additional features, requirement and specification of it. If any other better model is available in the market then give me idea about that model.

Re: Vantec Nexstar 3 USB/eSATA Hard Drive Enclosure

OK, now days every one wanted to extend his hard disk but taking it as external source is more flexible thing and as per your work you are taking right decision that you are taking external hard disk. Most of external drives by Vantec allows you to used latest technology of connection and newest hardware.I don’t know brief idea about the model you are asking but I can suggest you to buy newest model which I am also using that is Nexstar3, model NST-360SU-BK. It support up to 3 Gb/s SATA hard drive by connecting to USB with version 1.1 or 2.0 or with eSATA.It has some better and advanced features than the model which you have chosen.

I will definitely help you to give brief information about Vantec Nexstar 3 USB/eSATA Hard because from my side also this model is better for you. I will give you some features.It is made up with aluminum therefore it gives better durability to your hard disk.It can supports up to 2.TB for 3.5 SATA drive.You can get transfer rates up to 3GBps with eSATA.By using USB 2.0 you can get Transfer rates up to 480Mbps. By using firewall 400 you can get speed up to 400 Mbps and with using firewall 800 you can get speed up to 800 Mbps. It has flexibility for hot swapping and plug and play. About looks it has attractive power LED indicators and HDD activity.

i am agree with your choice for hard drive of this model.As per design it collide with style and form and functionality is great.It has great mirror finish which looks decent has sleek curves and bold design keep it out from the crowd. It has sturdy drive cage which is used to protect your hard drive and aluminum case used to keep away from heat or you can say from overheating.Design of external interface is nice and that is why it will fulfill your all needs by supporting with USB2.0, eSATA , firewall 400 and firewall 800.i would like to say that the most ideal way to store and transfer big amount of data in a small bundled that matches your requirement.

I will agree with your choice. Its good model for your work but i will suggest you first to check your system configuration is it compatible with that model or not because some people have complaint that model Vantec Nexstar 3 USB/eSATA is not work with there configuration of system. so i am will give you details about requirement that will help you to buy compatible model for your system.You can read it and follow it.your processor should be Intel Pentium II 350 MHz-compatible or Mac G3 processor. About port it will require USB port, , eSATA port, , FireWire 400(1394a) port or FireWire 800 (1394b) port, , internal SATA port. It will work almost with all operating systems such as windows ME, windows 2000, windows xp, windows vista,windows 7 or also with Mac G3 processor . It will also support SATA specifications for SATA speeds and if you are using drivers then you need CD roam drive .

I have read information on one website,so I will definitely help you out.I will specify details of the model.Its model name is NST-360FBSU-BK.SATA I/II Hard Drive is a device support in it.3.5'' is the exact size of device . It has SATA I/II for internal interface and for external interface its USB 2.0/eSATA/1394a/1394b.It has capacity of data storage is up to 2.0TB.Power supply is by AC Adapter and dimension is of 206 x 123 x 33mm.This entire package contain some accessories such as Power Adapter, 3.5 HDD Enclosure,1394b to 1394a Converter Cable, single 1394b Cable, Enclosure Stand, to eSATA Bracket ,eSATA Cable, Installation Screws and User Manual.