Thread: HTC S710 using Linux platform

HTC S710 using Linux platform

Two months ago I have purchased HTC S710. I have installed Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on it. While surfing the across the facebook website there was a virus attack. It has corrupted my operating system platform. Now I want to install Linux operating system on my HTC S710. Is it possible to install Linux on HTC S710 and also give me the installation steps?

Re: HTC S710 using Linux platform

HTC S710 is a windows smart mobile phone. There are many features of HTC S710 such as TFT display, 2 Mega pixel cameras, Bluetooth support, Wi-Fi enabled, and also support for memory card i.e. microsd etc. it is having windows mobile platform of version 6. As HTC S710 is not compatible with Linux operating system platform because it is designed in such a way to work with windows enabled platform. The features incorporated into HTC S710 are built in languages which are only compatible and supportive on windows platforms .So don’t try to install Linux operating system on HTC S710.

Android was invented for the purpose to enable developer to create compelling mobile application which can take full advantage. Android is built on open Linux kernel. Android delivers a complete set of mobile software such as operating system, middleware and also key mobile applications. You can install Android on your HTC S710 mobile so that it is capable of developing fast and easy application development and various other features.

Launching Android with sdcard will untouched windows mobile which allows you to use Android freely to return back to window mobile at any time by booting the device. Leave Steps to run android are as follows:
    • You need to place these files on the storage card or you can create a folder and place within it. The files to place on storage cards are haret.exe, zImage, initrd.gz, boot script, root file system, the android OS files i.e. system.img/system.sqsh.
    • Data.img is created automatically and you need to build configuration files. If you are upgrading from older version then data.img files will not be compatible between versions.
    • Edit boot script according to your mobile.
    • Run haret.exe and press “RUN”.

As my HTC S710 does not support Linux platform. From the above solution it was possible for me to install android on my HTC S710 but while using android I am not able to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server. While forcefully attempting then prompts an error that you should synchronize your mobile phone. I need a solution to sync my HTC S710 with Microsoft Exchange Server.

The steps to configure HTC S710 to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server are as follows:
    1. Go to home and select mail icon. Now touch on Microsoft Exchange ActivesSync icon.
    2. Enter the following details such as Username and password. Press the next button to continue further.
    3. Please check your email address, servername, domain, username and password. Then touch on the next button.
    4. The HTC S710 will connect to the data network and you need to verify the settings. If all the things have been carried then sync option is displayed. Click on selection and touch done button.
    5. Now the device will synchronize Email, Calendar and contacts from Microsoft exchange server.