Thread: Which are the good Linux Phone

Which are the good Linux Phone

I have been using Linux operating system on my computer system from quite some time now and I am looking for new mobile phone for myself which should work with Linux system. Because I have lots of thing which I want to have in my phone from my computer for which I am look for phone which specially run on Linux system. I phone should have great features which should be there in the Smartphone and should support application which I need to have in, so if anyone currently using or have idea about it please let me know.

Re: Which are the good Linux Phone

Yes now you can have mobile phone from Nokia which works with Linux operating system, they have launched their first Linux phone N900.
    1.It has a powerful ARM Cortex-A8 processor with 1GB memory for applications; N900 also features OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics acceleration for high quality mobile games.
    2.It runs on the latest Linux-based Maemo 5 application software for connectivity it features WiFi, GPS/A-GPS, an FM transmitter, Bluetooth 2.1, and TV-out ability.
    3.It has 32GB of on-board storage which is flexible up to 48GB using micro SD cards. The display size is 3.5-inch like apple phone with high resolution display (800x480 pixels).
    4.The Nokia N900 also assures desktop-grade Web browsing using packages of Mozilla-based browser, which contentedly has Adobe Flash 9.4 support.
    5.The Nokia N900 has 5 MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics and dual-LED flash also has a full QWERTY slide-out keyboard.
    This can be great choice to have as your Linux phone.

You can have plenty of phones which work with Linux operating system as i know you can have following mentioned phones as your choice:
    1.Zii Trinity : It is a smartphone from subsidiary ZiiLabs, it sustains both Android and ZiiLabs' Linux-based "Plaszma" load. The Zii Trinity is based on ZiiLabs' dual ARM9-core "ZMS-05" SoC, and provides 1080p video output, graphics, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a 3.1-inch display screen OLED touch screen.
    2.Samsung Galaxy Spica I5700 : Samsung I7500 "Galaxy" Android phone is operational with an 800MHZ application processor and 180MB internal memory. It supports microSD cards which you can extend up to 32GB. Android placed Galaxy Spica I5700 present a 3.2-inch touchscreen with 480 x 320 resolution has a plus HSDPA and a 3-megapixel camera. Other than this it comes with GPS system for navigation.
    These two phones are really nice to use for your Linux system.

The following phones can be your choices from which you can select your phone that work with Linux system.
    1.LG Eve GW620 : It’s LG's first Android phone with a QWERTY slider which is called the "Eve". LG's Eve GW620 comes with 150MB RAM and 2GB flash that can be expandable to up to 16GB using a microSD slot. It has a 3-inch, 480 x 320 touchscreen and has a 5 megapixel camera.
    2.HTC Droid Eris : HTC's Droid Eris is similar to the HTC Hero and it provide HTC's Sense UI running on top of Android. It provides a 550MHz ARM Cortex-A8 CPU with 288MB RAM and 512MB internal memory and an 8GB microSD card. A 3.2-inch touchscreen and 5 megapixel camera and other features which are offered by Smartphones of new generation.

You can select Any of below phones that has got Linux OS in them.
    1.Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 : It is Sony Ericsson's first Android phone proposes its individual "UX" client interface that aims social networking. The Xperia X10 comes with 8GB to 16GB of memory storage; it has got 4-inch touchscreen and has an 8.1-megapixel camera with face detection and geo-tagging. It is a usual 3G phone with WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS in it.
    2.Droid by Motorola : This Android phone is by Motorola and emerges to be the premature market leader amongst high-end Android phones. The slider-based "Droid" comes with a 550MHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, a 3.7-inch touchscreen and has a 5-megapixel camera. It has got voice recognition and Google Maps Navigation with voice regulation.
    3.Huawei T-Mobile Pulse : This phone is from T-Mobile, it has got Huawei's tri-band 3G. T-Mobile Pulse comes with 2GB of SD memory which can be expanded further and a 3.5-inch touchscreen. It also comes with features like a 3.2 megapixel camera, wifi connectivity and navigation system using GPS and provides five and a half hours of talk time.