Thread: Will Motorola Droid Phone Sync with LINUX?

Will Motorola Droid Phone Sync with LINUX?

Well I really do not know if this is at all possible but I am thinking about this seriously. I want to have the Motorola Droid cell phones and I want to have them Sync with the Linux. As I have already mentioned that I am completely blank about this particular situation but will be really happy if that can be virtually possible. Please let me know if anyone has successfully achieved the same here. Please help me out guys.

Re: Will Motorola Droid Phone Sync with LINUX?

To start with let me tell you that it is really possible to have such mobile from the Motorola’s desk. Well regarding the sync that you are talking about it depends, what you actually mean by the SYNC. It will be able to mount this as a USB device. Also it does the syncing well, for that it does the same on the cloud and it does that pretty nicely. With the SYNC established nicely you will be able to do all the interesting things with the phone. You will be able to use the phone as a wireless hotspot. It comes with the WEP encryption. Hope that you will be able to enjoy all the features of the phone.

For the things to go in the manner that you have wished for all you will have to have is the Motorola Droid phone and then after that you have the mobile phone you will be required to have the 2.0 android update and then you will be able to enjoy all the features of the phone as well as you will be able to sync the Mobile with the Linux operating System. I even wish that you will be able to experience all the features of the mobile phone and with much lesser trouble.

I have the Motorola Droid with me and let me tell you that I am really very happy with the same. I just wanted to tell that the piece is excellent and is really nice from all the corners. The battery life of this piece is really decent and it lasts for the hours that have been promised. Also I have seen that the touch screen of this mobile phone is really very responsive and hence I really love it. I would suggest you to have this one and really enjoy all the features that it gives. We will talk about the features more when you will have the same for you.

Equipped with the Droid and I just want to make a point that I had preferred it on top of the iPhone. The services that the AT and T’s use to give with the iPhone was really horrible and hence I decide to go with the Droid. As far as the phone is concerned I think that the cell phone is really nice. In addition to that let me warn you about some of the down side features of the droid, if at all you are not a Google user then you are bound to miss on some nice features of the Phone. By Google user I mean to say using the Gmail, Calendars, etc. So please make a point of that before going for the said phone. I am of the opinion that you would have found my post really useful.

• Well I am here to give a brief description for the Motorola Droid and I think that can help you a bit. Please have a look at the specifications of the Motorola droid:
    • Processor -- 550MHz ARM Cortex-A8 based CPU
    • WiFi -- 802.11b/g
    • Bluetooth -- Stereo Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
    • USB -- 1 x Micro USB 2.0
    • Camera -- 5 megapixel; 4x digital zoom; dual LED flash; autofocus
    • Video -- DVD quality (720 x 480) capture at up to 24fps; playback at up to 30fps
    • Audio -- Music player; 3.5mm headset jack
    • Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
    • Accelerometer
    • Proximity, ambient light, and eCompass sensors
    • Email (Exchange 2003 and 2007, Gmail, IMAP, POP3, Office and PDF viewers)
    • Google apps, including new Google Maps Navigation beta
    • Battery -- 1400 mAh Li Ion; up to 385 minutes talk time; up to 270 hours standby
    • Well this is the specifications with which Verizon has come up with the Motorola Droid. Hope that the specifications will hold good.

Thanks a lot for making this thread countable and I think that this thread has really come up with all the useful things that I wanted to have. Well I got a lot in return. I just wanted to know if it will sync with the LINUX but the way the answers came I am really happy for that. Thanks a lot for making the suggestions and showing me the correct way. I will also see if I do not miss on the Google applications that you all were talking about.