Thread: Acer laptop unable to burn second recovery CD error 0x203 appears

Acer laptop unable to burn second recovery CD error 0x203 appears

I have been using Acer aspire 5740 laptop from quite some time now. Recently I have tried to do the recovery of my laptop because of some kind of viruses and malware applications infection was there, because of that I was felling some kind of performance drop in my laptop. But when I tried to have system recovery I was able to work with first CD but when I tried to burn second one it provide with 0x203 error. After 0x203 error I was not able to perform further recovery for the system and the processes is stopped in between, so please let me know how I can perform further recovery and why such error is generated by second recovery CD.

Re: Acer laptop unable to burn second recovery CD error 0x203 appears

I think the problem is surely with the recovery CD you are using for performing recovery in your Acer aspire 5740 laptop. I think simple solution for this problem because of which error 0x203 appears can be just you need to use other recovery CD which are provided by Acer which might resolved the issue. Because if you are using recovery CD that is quite old it might be damaged or is not working properly because of which such error is generated when you are trying to burn that CD. So just use other new recovery CD using which you will be able to have the backup of your laptop.

You can use eRecovery software for performing the recovery for your Acer laptop that software you can have from the official Acer website. You need to just install the software application from there and after that you can use it for the recovery of your system. I think after this you will be able to fix the recovery problem with your Acer aspire 5740 laptop, so this can be the best solution for your recovery disc problem.

I have tried to use eRecovery software application for having the recovery for my laptop but i was still not able to do that same error 0x203 is appearing, so I problem is still stuck to the same issue. I have heard of Norton Ghost which is used to have system backup but after having it on my system, the system is run extremely slow and constantly asks for backup medium which create problem while I am engage with some other work. So I am still looking for better solution for this which will resolve the error problem with recovery.

I think you are running windows vista operating system on your laptop because eRecovery some time create trouble working with it. Error code 203 may possibly happen when you are trying to produce 2nd or 3rd disk with eRecovery. But this problem of your can be resolved you need to visit http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/is...60121793.shtml where you have to download the patch file to resolve the error code. Just download and unzip the file CleanInvalidPatch.zip. And then run the program CleanInvalidPatch.exe. Your problem will resolve after this.