Thread: How to restore contacts from iPhone to Mac

How to restore contacts from iPhone to Mac

I have recently installed Snow Leopard on my macbook pro. Before doing this i had backed up the entire thing except my iphone contacts. I was using the itunes in order to keep my on my Mac. After the installation i have lost all the contacts from my mac. So can anyone suggest me the method to restore contacts off the iPhone to the Mac? I require your support on this issue. Please try to help me out. Thanks.

Re: How to restore contacts off the iPhone to the Mac

I am using macbook air and somehow i have lost all my contacts from my mac. I have not backup my contacts. So can you please suggest me some solution for bringing this back. I am eagerly waiting for it. Please do help me out. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks

I have a solution for solving this problem. You need to disable auto synchronization inside the preferences in itunes. After doing that you have to keep one entry inside the Address Book and one entry inside iCal. Now try to connect your iphone to your system. Then press ctrl + click the phone the device pane. Here you need to select the reset warning. Then try to select the option of sync all contacts. Once you are done with this, click on apply. Select the option of merge when it will prompt you to merge or replace your contacts & calendars. Hope this will help to you.

I have solved my problem after trying the above solution. It worked perfect for me. I have successfully restored all my contacts on my macbook. I would like to thank you for your king support and the precious time which you have spend in giving me the reply. Even others can try this out.

Restore the lost contacts on iPhone 4

After I erase the iCloud from my iPhone I found that I lost all my contacts; I wish to find how I can restore my contacts

Re: How to restore contacts from iPhone to Mac

There is a way which had worked in my friend phone. What you need to is go in the text message conversation. Look for the message of any person which was in your contact list. At top right you can see Contact. Click on it and you can see the persons info. Add any name to that contact and save it. Once you press back you can see some of your contact. Try this out.

Re: How to restore contacts from iPhone to Mac

Thanks for your help.
    I already started to do that and came to my mind to reinstall the Icloud again; after that the contacts been restored.

Thanks