Thread: Iphone 4 is recognized as a Digital Camera when connected to my laptop

Iphone 4 is recognized as a Digital Camera when connected to my laptop

I have a laptop and an iphone with me. The problem is that when i try to connect my iphone to my laptop, then it is not recognized by my laptop. It is not being shown in the iTunes. I am running windows 7 operating system on my laptop. It says that i have not connected any iphone to it. I have tried to connect it with the help of different usb ports and also with the help of different usb cables, but it is not helping me out. Is there anyone who is getting the same problem? If you have any solution regarding this problem, then try to help me out. Please help. Thanks

Re: Iphone 4 is recognized as a Digital Camera when connected to my laptop

I will suggest you to do the following things. First try to connect your iPhone with your laptop. In your laptop select the control panel by going to the start. Then follow the path as Control Panel>> Hardware and Sound>>AutoPlay. Here go to the Devices section by scrolling down. In the device section you will be able to see your device. Here you have to select the option “take no action". Then click on save. I think doing this will help you out, as i have also solved my problem by trying the same solution.
    Last edited by Brooks; 10-11-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Even the same problem i am facing with my iphone when i connect it to my dell laptop. I am using windows vista OS on my system and it was working fine till yesterday, but today suddenly i started getting this problem. I have tried to go through the above solution, but it is not having any effect on my problem. The option of taking no action was already select on my system, though i would like to thank you for your post. Can you provide me some other solution in order to come out of this problem? Please help me out.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried it, but not able to solve my issue. When i selected the property by right clicking on my digital camera icon, then it is giving me general tab with the basic information of my iphone. Now i am getting frustrated with this issue as it is not getting solved out. I need more help on this issue, so try to help me out.

I think there some problem with your iTunes installation or with your USB driver. I am suggesting you few steps you try to follow this. Connect your device to your laptop. Press the key CTRL + SHIFT + ESC for opening the task manager. Now you need to select the processes tab>>Image Name. After doing that look for the file named as "AppleMobileDeviceService.exe". If it is not present, so it is the cause of your problem. For solving this you need to reinstall iTunes properly. Hope it will help you.

I have tried to reinstall the itunes as i was also going through the same problem. Doing this really solved my problem. The exe file which you have told was not present in my system. Then i tried to reinstall the itunes application and after that when i tried to check the exe file, this time it was present there. I think my itunes was corrupted. I would like to thank you for this help as it saved my lot of time.

I am also having problem related with my iphone. The problem is that when i try to connect it to my laptop, then it does not get recognized by my laptop. I have tried to plug the usb several times and to different ports, but still having the same problem. Please do suggest me a solution for this problem.

i had same problems, think it is due to the new service pack 3, i uninstalled it and restarted my comp still no joy, so in the end i opened up my device manager and clicked on universal host bus controller, left it open, plugged in my FULLY charged ipod touch and it came up on devive manager with a red cross next to it, i right clicked it and chose properties and it said it was disabled, so i enabled it and now iv succesfully updated it to newer software and synced my music, its perfectly working now, i hope this helps