Thread: Installation of Windows 7 on Samsung NC10 Netbook

Installation of Windows 7 on Samsung NC10 Netbook

As one of the world's lightest 10.2" netbooks in its class, the Samsung NC10 fully packed with the latest technology, guaranteeing maximum mobility and performance. I bought the unit in November and later it denied the Windows 7 session. I personally think the NC10 successful than the Eee PC from Asus, because the design and feel of the unit are fine. From the technical data they are no different really great. The NC10 is easier as I know, has a longer battery life and provides a coated with silver nano technology, notebook keyboard for optimal typing comfort. Now I am eager to install the Windows 7 into it. Please provide some guidelines for installation of Windows 7 on Samsung NC10 Netbook. I am sure that someone hanging out there will help me sooner. Any other information that is related with the topic would be grateful.

Re: Installation of Windows 7 on Samsung NC10 Netbook

The installation of Windows 7 is very simple. I have omitted to test the Internet connection, so you really out of the box (OOBE) wins Experience. The BIOS supports booting from USB, so I could install from a USB stick. After switching the device to be pressed F2 to enter BIOS and change the settings of the boot order. You have to integrate this USB HDD support in the list of boot devices, and then move to the top. Alternatively, you can press during boot to the BIOS screen F9 to boot from USB. Compared to install DVD this method is much faster. After the language you can decide if you want to upgrade or reinstall. When you reinstall the previous version of Windows and its own data from documents and settings folder with the. Moved old, they get to stay. Man can this data when they no longer needed, subsequently using the Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr.exe) comfortably removed.

During setup, you can open the way with SHIFT + F10 a cmd window, which allows a more complex work such as the reduction of existing partitions using diskpart.exe. Since the installation of the wireless network card automatically detects, the Windows 7 setup a list of all matching, wireless networks and you can make the same wireless LAN configuration. After the installation is then detected by a device on the hardware and operational. In Device Manager, you will find only one Ethernet controller for which a driver is missing. First, I let it UB Windows Update to check whether there are newer drivers. However, Windows Update on a driver for the lack of network card. So I look in Device Manager to identify the hardware ID of the Ethernet controller is not recognized ... As it turns out, the company is the manufacturer Marvell, which on its website available to drivers is. For the Samsung NC10 is the Windows Vista and Server 2008 x86 Driver (32-bit) for Yukon Devices v10.66.4.3 from the file yk60x86_v10.66.4.3.zip needed. You will have to search this, and then you can download it.

In my case has not yet proven, the BIOS is set for automatic brightness control from car to put on users. By default, the NC10 automatically dims the screen brightness when it is turned on with no power. Unfortunately, Samsung (yet) an updated tool, with which one can change during operation, the brightness, so that Windows 7 is not in a position to increase the brightness when you travel to the Windows XP variant or the display manager of the resort-like model has to Q1. I personally, however, such automation is not at all.

Because Windows 7 itself brings an automatic brightness control, it is also unnecessary. So we changed the BIOS setting and then increased with the same brightness of the display device keys to maximum. Since it is precisely in the BIOS, you can also equate still on the Advanced tab, select EDB (Execute Disable Bit) from Disabled to Enabled to enable the hardware-supported protection against buffer overflows. I find it somewhat difficult to understand that this option is off by default. Then you save the BIOS setting and the unit maintains for all time the maximum brightness level. Thus, the entire hardware of the Samsung NC10 for Windows 7 Beta 1 is recognized and operational. The Windows Experience Index for the computer then provides a 2.3. However, I am quite surprised at the minimal values of the poorer performance measurement in comparison to Vista Business.

Booting from USB is much easier for this purpose (to be published during the bios logo) by pressing F9 accomplish. In my tests (English version, Build 7000) and the built-in Ethernet card in my NC10 of Windows 7 was detected. The (Windows XP) by Samsung Tools for brightness and volume control (MagicKbd, Display Manager) to work in the current version on the Samsung web site is also available with Windows 7 and Vista. The touchpad is detected as a normal mouse. To access additional features (scroll area on the edge, etc.) can, you should download the Vista drivers from www.synaptics.com. They also work with Windows 7. The sound card drivers work to survive, but apparently not the sleep or hibernate mode. Up to a restart the system then remains silent. The new screen capture tool can apparently no longer close.

Unfortunately, I am also no longer path in the registry where you can change the version number (ie fake a virtual Vista). With me running the display manager the way perfectly, but only the new Display Manager 2.2.10 can be without the error message "fail: INTEL CLSID FrontPageID" install. Have previously installed the Magic Keyboard 7.0.2.0. Default is the WDDM driver for the Intel graphics card installed and running right away with Aero pretty fast! (For info: have 2GB RAM). After I installed the Intel driver but then I was no longer Aero (Basic). "Search programs and files" In accordance Aero look, there came a new Wizard has not determined why and said that is not the Intel driver installed the default WDDM 1.0 (Prerelease WDDM 1.0), applies. Then there is a button for error resolution and it was (in separate window) online and downloaded the latest (re) installed, and lo and behold, it's back. Another thing, since I no external CD / DVD drive and did not run Daemon Tools, Alcohol, Virtual CD, I installed all the Pismo File Mount. Main knotless radio! Office 12 installed even faster with ISO.