Thread: Unable to do Old HDD disposal

Unable to do Old HDD disposal

I am using the desktop computer at my home and having the old HDD on it with many of the important files on it. I dont want files on my HDD and for that i have tried to do the low level formatting. But i was unable to do so, i dont know why, in the HDD property it show that my HDD is full of the files. If anyone know how what to do now and please tell me. and also tell me that how to do the low level formatting. Any suggestion will appreciate.Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jagavee; 08-11-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Re: Unable to do the Old HDD disposal

There is a tool is available use to low level formatting of the hard disk. The Low level format tool having good user interface as well as it is a free application for you. Using this application you can format the disk and also make the partition on to the hard disk. This tool supports almost every disc such as SATA, IDE, S-ATA (SATA), IDE (E-IDE), SCSI, USB, FIREWIRE, LBA-48 and also to the external disc.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: Unable to do Old HDD disposal

I was also tried to do the low level formatting of the SCSI hard disk and it causes damages of my machine. If you are trying to formatting your SATA or IDE-ATA hard disk then I think you should not do so because, when you use any BIOS based formatting tool then sometimes it caused damages of anything. If you want to format your hard disk then directly format it without using any tools. I hope this information may help you.

Re: Unable to do Old HDD disposal

I have been using disk manager software which I have got from the HDD manufacturer. Using this software I do the zero fill of my hard drive. When you do the low level formatting of the hard disk then you may need to rewrite your master boot area as well. And you should know that low level formatting can cause for killing the drives. If you are having any other queries then reply me.