Thread: Better lifetime: Laptop or Desktop

Better lifetime: Laptop or Desktop

I suppose to buy a Acer laptop on next week and i have read all the configuration of it. Now i have a desktop computer for all my use, i just wanted to know that, does a laptop is last long as a desktop? i have search trough this but i have not received any proper information. If anyone having suggestions on this then please reply me. Any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Better lifetime: Laptop or Desktop

I have a laptop from past 3 years of the same brand and I think laptop is last long as desktop or may more than that. I use my laptop for about 10-11 hours per day for all my business work and also at my home. I tell its still working fine with no complaint. I think that its life is more than that of the CPU life. I hope this information may help you.

I don’t agree with the above information because when I work on my desktop computer as well as on laptop. But most time I work on desktop computer without any break then, also it is working fine compare to the laptop. It may not very old but I am experiencing very good quality and it is last long than laptop. If you are having any other query then reply me.

In my point view life time of the both is depends on the life cycle costs. Till the software and hardware and appropriate to your need you dont have to care about this. Normally, you have to care the Laptop than that of the desktop because some people may think that laptop is portable and it may be dropped and broken and for that desktop is having good lifetime. But I think that between these two, laptop is better than desktop.