Thread: Trackpad issue under bootcamp

Trackpad issue under bootcamp

I have bought a Macbook in 2008 which runs Snow Leopard. Now I have recently installed Windows 7 using the Bootcamp on this laptop and there was no problem while installation procedure. Then I installed the drivers from the Snow Leopard CD after which everything seemed to be working without any problem except one thing, Trackpad. Actually initially it works after booting up but after some time it stops responding. There is not particular program which makes it unresponsive but it happens at any time. Please help me as using the macbook without trackpad is like living a normal life without hands. My trackpad has right click, tap-click and also the two finger scroll.

Re: Trackpad issue under bootcamp

Users of a unibody MacBooks and Windows under Boot Camp have to update for a better future to look forward trackpad functionality. The Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.1 Improved the reliability of the trackpad in XP and Vista environments under Boot Camp. The update is available for all users of a 13 "unibody MacBook (October 2008) and the current MacBook Air available. The download should be downloaded in the Windows environment and then executed.

If you work on your MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air with multi-touch trackpad on Microsoft Windows Vista or XP, you may find it difficult to select objects with the trackpad desk or move. The following symptoms may occur:
    • If you want to click with your thumb on an object, the cursor moves a little, and the object is not selected.
    • The cursor shakes when you put your finger on the trackpad and the trackpad take.
    • If you press your thumb on the trackpad with another finger and select an object or move the cursor deselects unexpectedly.

You just need to log on to your Mac in Windows. Download the Multi-Touch Trackpad Update for Windows XP and Vista 1.0. Open the installer file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the update. Though it seems like there are no updates for the Windows 7 yet.

Thus, the Trackpad Magic receives two updates. The first is divided into two and is called "Apple Trackpad Magic Update 1.0" for Windows 32-bit and 64 bit. They therefore intend to Mac Boot Camp by running Windows. Then, the second update says "yes?" When it is called "Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0", because that is its name. It is aimed at all Mac eager to rub a magic MacBook Trackpad. In detail, Apple says it "helps support the Magic Trackpad Mac OS X, it is necessary to use it. It also enables the inertial scrolling and sweeping gesture with three fingers on recent models of MacBook and MacBook Pro. Mac OS X 10.6.4 is required to install this update.

One problem that I have seen with the creating an image for boot camp is using of multiple OS on Macs but an issue is regarding the trackpad which does not seems to work when you use Windows OS on your mac. One solution which I have found is to uninstall and reinstall the bootcamp software which does not seems to be working always. There is one more way to fix this issue which is a bit faster. Actually you have to enable the track before which you need to install the generic Microsoft drivers followed by installing the apple drivers.

1. Open the “Properties” of My Computer by right clicking on it.
    2. Switch to the “Hardware” tab and then press “Device Manager” button.
    3. Look for the trackpad device which has been usually placed under “Human Interface Devices”.
    4. Right click on the proper trackpad device and then choose to “Enable” it.
    5. Again right click on the trackpad device to choose “Update Driver”.
    6. Choose “No" at first prompt and click “Next”.
    7. Second time you have to choose for “Install from a list of specific location (advanced)” and press “Next”.
    8. Next time you have to select “Don’t search, I will choose the driver to install” and click “Next”.
    9. Select “USB Human Interface” and then press “Next”.
    10. Repeat steps 5 through 8, this time selecting “Apple Trackpad” instead of “USB Human Interface” and click Next.

I solved half the problem, restarting the installs only the keyboard and multi-touch, compatibility with vista sp2 and admin, I raised the manager and bootcamp miracle tabs trackpad and keyboard appeared. Problem is that only keyboard works and right click with two fingers is not working but it does not interfere too much, windows is quite unpalatable to the track pad anyway (regardless of brand).