Thread: HTC legend wifi problem

HTC legend wifi problem

I am using HTC Legend mobile phone and the problem that I am facing is with the wifi. I have a Netgear router and the wifi of my phone gets connected easily to my router but it is not able to transfer any data when I try visiting website. I do not know what could have been causing this. Please help me out so that I can make work with the wifi to use internet well. Hope to get a better solution.

Re: HTC legend wifi problem

It could be that the wi-fi settings is not been assigned properly and hence you are getting this kind of issue. In order to make the things or changes to be performed well it is necessary and essential that you look out for the wi-fi settings that is been assigned on your phone. I hope it needs to be configured. Turn off your wi-fi and then again turn it on. As this is been done you may then be able to perform the act as required. Hope this solves your issue. Check out. I am sure then you may be able to work with internet.

The parameters are proper as my wi fi gets connected to my laptop pretty well. That is on my laptop, pc, xbox and ipod they all work fine over the same wifi connection. But when I connect it to my router I am not able to process the task well that is internet is not working. What could have been causing this. I still tried to turn off the Wi fi and then again turning it On but it did not work either. So please suggest me what to do?

There are certain aspect which needs to be taken under consideration well. You have to check out for the thing that is to follow the steps as mentioned below. Hope this helps.

1. You have to verify that you are in the range of your Wi-fi router or base station that you are trying to connect with
    2. Make sure that the router and Wi-fi is been turned on and are connected well with each other that is synchronized
    3. You have to look out whether other device like laptop and PC's are able to get connect to wi fi
    4. You have to upgrade the router to its latest firmware which will then be able to synchronize or work with the wi fi

From the above suggestion it is been observed that your wi fi is able to connect to laptop and other devices as you have mentioned. So basically it seems tha problem is with the router and hence its firmware upgradation is needed. Look out.

I would suggest you to make the desired changes to be function that is try rebooting your router and then check out by connecting the same. I am sure you may then be able to work well without any problem. It could be a reboot to the router may help you out well for sorting the thing. So it is essential that you perform the same. Check out that whether it is getting connected or no. If still the same issue contact HTC for the query.

I had the same issue as you are facing so I contacted HTC by emailing them and they reverted me back with the solution. They suggested me to change the router security settings from WPA-AES to WPA-TKIP. As I performed this it work ed for me well. So this will be better that you check out or implement the same that I did. Other than that you can also check out by upgarding the router firmware as suggested before and then reboot the router. After that you have to perform a soft reset for your phone and then enter the SSID and password when been prompted during setup application. After all this is been performed, you should then be able to work with internet using Wi fi to your router.

Other than all these discussion that is been made you have to check out for certain parameters which would help you out to get sort of the issue. Firstly you need to go to the Home screen menu and then to the settings tab option and then look for menu. Now go to All settings. As this is been done you have check for tap connection and then wi fi. Then you have to check for Wireless network. After this you also have to make sure that If your network has the status connected then tap 'Network adapter' and select my network card connects to 'Internet'. Perform a soft reset for the thing and try again. Now you have to make sure that the WiFi is showing as Connected and also there should be no Proxy settings which is enabled and a Valid IP has to be been assigned. Also you have to check for compatibility of your router with Windows Mobile / Android / HTC devices. After you have performed all this with respect to the firmware for your router is latest look for the output. I am sure you may then be able to work well with the thing without any problem. Look out. I hope you may then be able to work well with the wi fi and router.