Thread: Apple Macbook Pro: How to integrate SharePoint with Outlook Web Access?

Apple Macbook Pro: How to integrate SharePoint with Outlook Web Access?

I have a Apple Mac Book pro laptop with the MAC OSX. I am usually using for the make the connection with my office network. In my office the server is the Exchange 2007 with the windows server. I am having the OWA (Outlook Web Access) along with the Internet Explorer browser to access the web-sites. The problem is that the OWA is allowing me to access limited of the web-site like the email or calendar or some of the other tasks in my laptop. I think this is not the problem on the Windows Server 2007, but why it giving the limited access I can’t understand. Is there any issue o the integration with the SharePoint of the OWA? Any suggestion on this issue..?

Re: Apple Macbook Pro: How to integrate SharePoint with Outlook Web Access?

As per my knowledge, if you trying to configure the integration with the NTML based OWA, then you have to add the web part to the page, those are you tried to access in the network that you are using in the office network it will prompt for the credentials of the network connection. you allow for the authenticate network set up with the OWA and then enter the credentials for the network access in the OWA from the SharePoint that you have in the office network with the authenticate information of the network. Host the entire OWA with the page viewing option for the each of the page instead of using the web part for each feature of OWA. I recommend you to go for the iFrame of the SharePoint.

If you trying to integrate with the Forms based, then you will prompt for the web part for the page that you trying to access ion the OWA application in you laptop with the windows server 2007. You will also see the web part for the OWA logon screen during the authentication of the OWA application. You have to write the Sign-On application (SSO) for the single page of the server, this will help you to pass the current credentials of the user of the server access point, this happens in the log on screen of the OWA application. I did this, this is very difficult to integrate the share point with the OWA, but with the Form based this is very easy, you will sure integrate the SharePoint with the OWA in a very simple way, it works with the SSO for the server page for access to them.

I have a solution for the integration with the Windows exchange ser 2007 with the OWA along with the SharePoint of the server. Apply the trusted certificate of the server that you are using for the internet access. After that configure the certificate with the server, in the following step by step process. I hope this will help, after that you will allow to access the internet web-site will you requirement. Go to the Server Management under the All programs in your start menu option in the windows. Expand the management option of the network proceed to the To Do List and then go to the option named as the Connect to the Internet. Where you will found the certificate of the server that you are using. Apply the certificate with the proper option wizard of the network. You have to select the certificate by browse the file in your machine.

Have you tried to integrate the application with the server along with the events of the outlook service? If you are using that one then recommend you to create a new event list for the Outlook application. I am using the Outlook 2007 and SharePoint with the Windows Exchange server 2007, and had the similar issue, then I found there is only one solution to create the event for the outlook application. And after that now I have no issue with the access of the emails and the other tasks in my Internet Explorer, I can easily send and receive the mail that I wish. In the event list you have to mention the all the pages that you wish to access from the server then I hope this will not create any problem on the access of the different sites.

As per my knowledge the OWA 2007 provides the configuration the with the domain of the exchange server that you are using in your computer. You have to do this operation in the Exchange Management Console (EMC). By the configuration the user is allow to enter into the network with the password and the log in ID. This is done via the authenticate of the Exchange server. This process is known as the Authentication based form configuration. Open the EMC and then proceed to the Server Configuration or the Client Access, do the configuration in the Client Access server window. Then right click on the OWA application and go to the properties window. Then go to the Authentication option which is under the OWA application. Select the user name by using the forms-based authentication technique. Enter the information of the domain and then click on the Apply or OK to apply the configuration that you made.