Thread: Disabling Parallels VM on Macbook Pro

Disabling Parallels VM on Macbook Pro

I have a Macbook Pro and it is been installed with Mac OS X 10.6.3. The problem that I am facing is with the Parallels VM. If I do not make use of this the system then it gets reverted to pause state. I also do get a message that is "Do you want to start this virtual machine? The virtual machine is paused. Click Yes to start it now." I do not know what can be done for this and how to get sort. Just wanting to know is there a way through which I can make the Parallels VM to be disabled which would then not give me such error. Also I am not able to launch any Windows App. Hope to get a proper solution.

Re: Disabling Parallels VM on Macbook Pro

This issue can be resolved pretty well. You can make the things to be stopped that is by removing or uninstalling the Virtual Machine which you have been working with. This can be processed or done by performing or following the steps as mentioned below:
    • You have to first launch Parallels desktop or workstation and then you have to open the proper virtual machine
    • As this is been done you have to look out for the file menu
    • Choose the option and then in the Parallels top bar menu you will get an option to Delete or remove.
    • Perform the required task and then make the system to be restart

I hope now you would not face any issue.

Another way through which you can make the issue to be sorted is by performing or double clicking on the Vm that is Virtual Machine icon. Now you will get a Vm property page. You now have to select or choose File from the menu option and then choose Delete. this will remove the Parallels Virtual machine. For you information when you press or hit the command key you have to double click the Virtual machine's alias in order to get access to the property page or else you won't be able to. So work accordingly as assisted.

I do not think the issue should be with Parallels much as Parallels run or execute as an application which do not have any components in the memory unless it is functioning. Other than that it will not interfere any network functionality as well outside its own virtual layer. But still you can perform the task that is disabling the same by going to the Network system preference and then disable all of the virtual NICs that Parallels installed. Then you may not get the issue what you use to. Try reinstalling the VM tools. I hope the bugs that may be appended is causing it and hence reinstalling will remove the bugs from the App. So check out and then look for the conclusion what you get.