Thread: Notes not sync after upgrading to iOS 4 in iPod touch

Notes not sync after upgrading to iOS 4 in iPod touch

I recently upgraded the ipod touch to the OS 4 and the OS was running very much fine with the upgrade but when i tried to sync the services such as the Calendars for the appointments and events, Web bookmarks, Music and audiobooks, Photos and the others all where sync very properly but it created a number of the problem s while sync with the Notes. It was not able to sync with the Notes in the iPod touch which was a great trouble for me as i am a frequent user of these service. So, what is the problem with the Notes and how i will be able to resolver these problem; any advice on the given topic will help to resolve the problem and if possible provide the steps by which i can sync the Notes in the iPod touch that i am using.

Re: Notes not sync after upgrading to OS 4 in iPod touch

These problem can be occurred due to many reasons so you first tell me that which generation iPod touch you are using right now and when you upgraded the ipod touch and what is the exact message you get when you try to sync the Notes to the other devices of the apple. These information helps me to resolve the problem in a better way, so provide the required information to get the solution.

I have upgraded the OS last week and i am using the 4th generation ipod touch. The error message that i get is the "couldn't sync because iPod disconnected". So i am not able to understand the problem as all the other applications are sync properly without no problem so please provide me some solution that will resolve the problem in a proper way;any suggestion on the topic will help to resolve the problem.

Over-the-air Notes syncing is not supported on iPhone 3G or iPod touch 2nd generation which is not a problem for you as you are using the 4th generation iPod touch so you can sync notes over a USB connection by iTunes;
    • First you need to enable it for every Mobile Me or IMAP account that you are going to use.
    • After that go in the Tap Settings from there go in the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
    • Then click to select a Mobile Me or IMAP account.
    • Finally you need to Slide to turn on Notes syncing.
    • These will start the sync process and you will be able to sync the Notes form the ipod touch of 4th generation. The point that should be kept in mind is that if you are by means of MobileMe and you were before syncing Notes with iTunes, MobileMe Notes syncing is mechanically allowed. This can effect in copy notes

There are some points that should be kept in mind when you are sync the Notes in the iPod touch because when these are followed it creates a number of the error as you have mentioned above. When you facilitate Notes sync for an email version, the Notes folder will no longer emerge as a mailbox in the Mail function. To generate or view notes, utilize the Notes application as an alternative. If notes are not syncing as predictable, verify to ensure that the attribute is enabled for that account in Settings >> then in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> and finally in Mail Account. These will make sure that there is no error when you are sync the Notes in the 4th generation iPod touch.

This problem can also occur when there is an occurrence of the duplicate Notes as Syncing Notes together more than the air and with iTunes can effect in duplicate notes emerging in the Notes function. You need to Use the following steps to resolve the issue;

• First you need to connect your device and select it in iTunes menu for the sync process.
    • Then Click to select the Info pane and remove the alternative to Sync Notes.
    • Finally When prompted, choose Delete Notes to eliminate the duplicates from the machine.
    • If you wish for sync notes with iTunes as an alternative of using the over-the-air characteristic, immobilize Notes sync for the account using Settings >> then in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> and finally in the Mail Account.