Thread: Log problem in PS3 WiFi connection

Log problem in PS3 WiFi connection

I recently start using wifi connection on my PS3 because I cannot use as straight Ethernet setup with my PS3. The wifi connection provides me with the high signal strength near about 90 to 95 % because the PS3 is much above the wifi router. Because of such signal strength I am able to download and upload in quick time but problem appear with the games which lags when I try to play multiplayer and the FPS games in which I loss because the lags in game. So I want to know how can this problem of games lagging be solved and why such problem is created?

Re: Log problem in PS3 WiFi connection

There are two things which matters when you are using wifi connection bandwidth and latency. A poorer bandwidth provide with superior serialization that is the time taken to send a packet. I think the problem is with your network serialization and your network is not able to send the data at proper rate. Because of which there is an issue of lags in your wifi network while playing games with multiplayer.

I think you are running lots of things on your Internet connection at the same time as you are playing games. If you are running multiple things than you can try to avoid it and see if there is enhancement while playing games. Other than this you have to get QoS setup done on your router, QoS will prioritization your network traffic to other traffic which will ensure that no problem occur while playing games in your PS3 surely resolve your problem.

If your router support DD-WRT then it can be the issues with a firmware Linksys WRT400N. In this situation I think the solutions which you can use for solving your problem can be just flash router with DD-WRT. After flashing the router you can look for a firmware update for the router or shift to open source firmware and retest the router. This will surely resolve your problem which you are facing with the wifi network connection with your PS3. Try to use the solution provided and let me know if your issue is resolved after it.