Thread: Installing DOS USB Drivers

Installing DOS USB Drivers

Hey can anyone tell me how can I install DOS drivers on my PC which is currently running on Windows Xp. I have got the package that contains the drivers but I dont know how to install and from where. I have tried copy, pasting the drivers in the windows folder but nothing is happening. Can any one suggest me to install the drivers.

Re: Installing DOS USB Drivers

Hey first of all, why do you want to install DOS drivers. These drivers are of no use to the current version of the windows xp. They will make your matter worse as they may interfere with the the Windows xp protected mode. Also loading the DOS drivers will result in lowering the available memory and thus the programs will take a long time to execute. It will take more CPU time than normal making it you wait for long time for your work to get complete. Thus, it is best prescribed, not to install the Dos drivers.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I wanted to install DOS drivers on my older Windows 98 computer, which i have specially kept for testing and trying different things. And as you mentioned that installing DOS drivers on a Windows xp will only result in more memory usage and interfering with Windows xp, so I would also want to know that whether the same problem will continue when trying to install the DoS drivers on Windows 98. Also, I want to try to do a Ghost backup on this computer using a Ghost USB program. Since it requires a Cd/DVD burner which my computer lacks so I think I will have to use a USB flash drive in DOS. Now that i have given the complete information so now, can someone give me a right suggestion for this.
    Last edited by X-quisite; 01-11-2010 at 12:33 PM.

In order to build a bootable Dos cd with USB support, we have add several drivers, each of which serves a specific function. To load these drivers it requires writing your own configuration.sys and autoexec.bat. The drivers have to loaded in specific order using specific switches. Also, the drivers which you want will depend on what testing you want to do in it. So it can be really difficult to install the drivers and also do Ghost backup provided if you have adequate knowledge of the DOS.

Hey even i had the similar experience when i also wanted to install Dos drivers on windows 98 inorder to do some research. After searching every where for the solution I finally got one from one of my friend as he suggested me with a driver named as "Miracle Driver". This driver can let you install the dos driver and can also help in doing Ghost backup. Before this my old computer was not able to detect my transcend pendrive but now it does. I was also able to make a Ghost backup on a computer with no CD/DVD burner. I put the backup copy on a flash drive then installed on a different computer with a burner to put the backup on a CD.