Thread: What are the drawbacks of Presario CQ62-A10SY?

What are the drawbacks of Presario CQ62-A10SY?

I was working on my laptop and there was the power adapter short and it seems to me that it has burned like a toast inside. Actually I was using it with the 256MB of RAM shared with Intel ‘s particularly crappy graphics card and super sluggish 40GB HDD the system was close to unusable anyway, so I need a replacement, and I thing that was the reason of the power short. Anyways I have decided for a replacement. But the thing is that I don’t want spent more on it. Actually my budget a bit low so I have decided to take the PRESARIO CQ62-A10SY and also it is acceptable price wise. Is there is anything bad it that will not suit my requirements. I need a laptop that will not give any kind of error while playing games. As I am a game addict I love to play the latest games. It must be best in all the below things:
    • DVD playing
    • Gaming
    • Well graphic support
    • Typing
    • Programming
    • ECU data logging machine

Please help in getting one of it and also let me know the futures of this laptop.

Re: What are the drawbacks of Presario CQ62-A10SY?

As asked by you here are the specifications of the Presario CQ62-A10SY that will assist you and will also give a detailed description of the laptop:
    • Name - Compaq Presario Q62-a10SY
    • Microprocessor- 2.2 GHz AMD V-Series Processor V120
    • RAM Memory -2 GB DDR3 (1 x 2048 MB)
    • Video card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics
    • Video Memory- up to 1022 MB
    • Screen- 39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal High-Definition LED HP
    • Hard Drive- 320 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
    • Network Card Integrated- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN
    • Wireless Connectivity -802.11 b/g/n
    • Sound Altec Lansing speakers
    • Keyboard- Full size keyboard with One touch launch keys and Action keys
    • PC Card Slots- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards
    • External Ports- 1 VGA port, 1 HDMI port, 1 stereo headphone-out, 1 microphone-in,3 USB 2.0 ports, 1 RJ45 Ethernet port,
    • Weight- 2.2 kg
    • Power -65 W AC Power Adapter
    • Battery- 6-cell Lithium-Ion
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It is good that you are moving towards the latest technology. As per your requirements I feel that the Compaq Presario Q62-a10SY will fit in it, and also will suits you the best. There are some things which are not mandatory to take. So if you want to reduce the cost then you have to go with the less processor such as dual core. Also the DVD is not necessary you can go with only the CD Rom. The thing here is that it is one of the best in the business and will serve you the best. According to me if you have t invest on it then don’t look back just go and buy it because it the worth of the cost that we spend to buy it. And assure you that it will not give you the problems like power short that you were effacing in the earlier one of yours and also the performance of this one will be the better than the old one that you were using.

Thank you for responding to my problem. The specifications shown by you proved help full to me. And I have decided to go with the Compaq Presario Q62-a10SY. It seems to me that it will satisfy all me requirements. But please let me know the battery power of it so that I don’t need to charge it again and again. Since the earlier one was shorted off due to the excessive charging only. And I hope that if I will purchase it than it will not give me any problems what so ever especially the power short.