Thread: Problem In Installing And Uninstalling Itunes 10

Problem In Installing And Uninstalling Itunes 10

Hi, I am currently trying to upgrade the latest version of ITunes that is iTunes v 10. But I am unable to install it. Before installing the new version of iTunes, I need to first uninstall the older version of iTunes. But I am unable to uninstall it successfully. When I try to uninstall it, it gives me message that, the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. It seems to me that it cannot find the installation package itunes.msi. I got the new music from the iTunes store that is part of some kind of new iTunes format that I am unable to download it until I upgrade to the latest version of iTunes. Please help!

Re: Problem In Installing And Uninstalling Itunes 10

I do have the sameproblem unable to uninstall the iTunes from the system. I was unable to remove iTunes due to a corrupted file within the iTunes setup library. I called up Apple for the help, they told me pay for this kind of support as iTunes itself is not covered and my iPod is out of the warranty period. After searching through some web sites for the help. I came to the conclusion that the check the disk. Which helped me to solve the problem? The corrupted file was repaired then I was free to remove and re-install the latest version of iTunes. This was the link that really helped me out to solve the problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Make sure that you have the Windows Installer Cleanup utility in your system. If don’t have download it first, which help you to clean the file. After uploading in to your system run this utility. To run it first go to the start menu then go to the “All programs” after it click on the windows install clean up. You will found that in the list of programs that appears in clean up. Then select any iTunes entries and click remove to uninstall it. Close the clean up, restart the PC and try installing iTunes again. Does the install go through properly this time? This will really help you

In your computer open the Apple folder in which you had stored. Open the local disk C: in which all the installed and uninstalled content is present. Open the program files folder after it open the common file folder and then open the Apple folder. Right click the Apple Application Support folder and after select the delete option. If windows won’t allow you delete it , rename the folder to Apple Application Support OLD. After deleting/renaming the folder, empty your Recycle bin and restart the PC. In the end install the iPhone application you want.

If you are running into any trouble installing or uninstalling iTunes you will probably want to read this article before you go completely nuts!!

http://zardozz.com/zz/2008/04/how-to...of-itunes.html

iTunes can be very difficult to uninstall properly because of a number of registry keys left behind by other pieces of software that it works with. The article explains what you have to do step by step if you can't uninstall iTunes using ADD/REMOVE programs. If you don't completely uninstall it properly you will get all sorts of errors when trying to install a new copy... even if you try to write over your existing copy. This download saved me hours of aggravation and I did not lose my music!