Thread: Nokia 6220 Classic not sending messages

Nokia 6220 Classic not sending messages

I have just bought a new Nokia 6220 Classic phone and I just loved this phone. I don't know what's wrong with this phone but I am not able to send any messages from this phone. Actually it keeps on try to send it again and again but it gets failed all the time. As I have bought this phone just on yesterday and it is showing this annoying problem so shall I return this phone back to the dealer?

Re: Nokia 6220 Classic not sending messages

I would like to ask you one question first of all that are you able to call anybody or receive calls on your phone. Actually if you are not able to send the messages from your mobile phone then I must inform you that the messaging service on the phone has been handled by the carrier (SIM Card) which you are using on your phone. There could be a problem with the network itself but as if you are able to make or receive calls on your phone then it is clear that there is nothing wrong with your phone which may stop your phone to get the network signals.

I have inserted the Vodafone Sim card inside my Nokia 6220 phone and yes am I able to call from this phone and there is no problem while receiving the call as well. So as you said that if i am able to do this then there is nothing wrong with my phone then why I am not able to send the messages from this phone? I am getting frustrated now, How can it is be so hard to send a simple message on a new phone with the new SIM card?

It seems like your phone needs to do some messaging setting which could also create problem while sending the messages from the phone. This problem cannot be considered as device's problem nor as network problem. Its is just a settings which let you start sending message. I suggest you to go the messaging and then click on an Options -> Settings. Here you would be having Message Center Number which should be accurate according your network (Vodafone), This is the main problems seen behind the Message Sending Failed on any phone. You have to contact to the Vodafone for confirming the number which has been entered at the place of Message Center Number.

Message Center is an important one which is very much required on any phone to enable the messaging service on the phone. To know that message center number of Vodafone, You have to call to the Vodafone Customer Care as this number is default for any phone so it won't be so hard to know about the same from them. Or you may contact with the dealer as well who must be knowing the message center number for Vodafone. Better you get it from the customer care!!!

As you have not mentioned the place where you are using this phone according to which message center number changes. If you can provide the same then you would have got the message center number over here itself. So be totally open while asking anything on any forum by providing as much as information about your query. Anyway, You have an only option to contact with the Vodafone, Its depends on you how you contact them. For this particular issue, No personal meets are required.