Thread: Nokia N8 music library not functioning properly

Nokia N8 music library not functioning properly

Hello everyone.... I have one small query regarding the corrupted music library of my new Nokia N8 mobile phone. Actually I deleted all the music files by connecting it to my computer. I deleted all the songs simply by browsing to the music folder where i usually store the music files and i also deleted all my album folders but still the music library shows all the albums of my songs. But when i try to open up the files to check whether it really exist or not, i can only see all empty folders in the album. No songs nothing in it. And if i try to remove these empty folders from the system then it shows a message saying that the file you are requesting is corrupted and all the operations are canceled due to this. I also tried for refreshing the entire library, but again it shows a message that says the library is fully updated and still after showing this message the empty folders are not deleted from it..

Re: Nokia N8 music library not functioning properly

Hey i understood your problem and i think their is some corruption of files and those corrupted files are actually creating trouble. So to get rid of this problem you should follow the steps which i am mentioning . Most of the data files are stored in the directory where you store all your media files. So to get rid of all this freaking issue, you have to delete the databases after deleting all the data files from your system.Mostly all the Databases are stored under E: (Mass Storage):\Private\10281e17\*.* You have to delete all the db files (And especially mpxv3*db and thumbnail.db).After performing all these steps you will have a clean system in which you can add your media files. Hope this information helps you find a solution for your query.

I had the same problem with my nokia N95 mobile phone and somehow i found out the solutions and managed to get rid of this problem permanently. Following are some steps which will help you to solve your query..
    STEPS:-
    • When you Connect your mobile set to the computer then select it on "Data transfer" mode. Also enable viewing of all hidden files and folders.
    • You need to delete some data files from the given directory "E:\private\101FFC31" ( And the file names are called "mpxv1.mpd" and "pcv5.mpd" ).
    • Again you have to delete one file from "E:\private\101ffca9" ( called "harvesterdb.dat" ).
    • After this just disconnect the mobile set from the computer and play any song on the media player.
    • After that wait for some time until the application starts...
    • Then click on 'REFRESH' button and at the end everything will work fine..

I had the same problem with the music library of my nokia X6 mobile phone. I then tried some of the possible tricks to solve this issue like removing all the empty albums from the music player.. I also looked for any "private" folder, but i did not find any such files. As you suggested, i also checked all the hidden files and folders but still no success. I tried this for about 5-6 times, but still facing the same problem. Can anyone please suggest some sure shot solutions so that i can permanently fix this problem and also as early as possible..

When i tried this out for solving my issue, it really worked for me. After i deleted all the corrupted files from the given directory address , i managed to solve the problem. Try this it should work. First thing you should do is Delete those 2 files located in the following directory "E:\private\101FFC31" ( called "mpxv1.mpd" and "pcv5.mpd"). Also after deleting this, you should Delete 1 file which is located in "E:\private\101ffca9" ( called "harvesterdb.dat" ). After doing this you will have a clear memory which you can use it for your personal use..