Thread: Need case for iPod touch 4G

Need case for iPod touch 4G

I recently purchased iPod Touch 4G from Apple store. After getting the delivery, I realized that I should also have a case to protect my device. But the problem is that I had broken my last iPod Nano and I don't want to happen the same thing with my new device. I looked around Apple website but I didn't found any proper case which can provide a outlet for camera, buttons etc. Then I searched of an appropriate case on internet but until now didn't get any thing which fits the iPod Touch 4G. So my question is that is there any proper case for my device or I have to use it without any case? Why don't Apple provide such a case along with their device? Didn't they consider their device so important to prevent any damages that might occur due to external environment? Or is it like they have but need to be purchased separately? Where can I find it then ?

Re: Need case for iPod touch 4G

I don't know whether Apple has or provide any case for your iPod Touch model but what I have been using is what I will be talking about. I personally have iGg iPod Touch 4G Case which is made up of Thermoplastic Polyurethane Resin (TPU) material. The inner part of the case is excellent and the external part looks smooth and shiny. Since it is made up of TPU material, you can even slightly bend the case without any worry of breaking the case. As soon as you place your iPod Touch 4G inside your case, the device gets stick to it preventing it from any damage. You can have this case in various colors.

You can even go for a Belkin case. Belkin provides a ProFit Armband for iPod touch which you can wear on your hand as a wrist watch. It is so comfortable that you’ll even forget that you are wearing it. It also provides you with a snug fit that prevents you to get the bulky feeling. It has a moisture-wicking material that keeps you cool and dry. The best part of it is that it is water-resistant and so you can wash it with your hand. It also features a protective cover that allows easy navigation.

Apple certainly don't provide the case for their new model iPod Touch 4G. Its because they have not yet manufactured the case of it right now. You may expect it in the near future. The case, if you ask them to send, that they provide belong to their 3G model and so it would not be having any camera opening or certain buttons opening. However, you can go for some other case available on the internet which can suit your requirement.

Apple isn't selling any cases on Apple Store, however you can go for some good cases online. There are several 4G protective cases on sale at Ebay or Amazon. I don't know where you are residing but you can definitely order a case from them and depending on the area where are, you will get the delivery as soon as possible. On my case, since I live in Mumbai, it tool a very long time for Ebay to deliver my case. But at last I have it and I am very happy with the product that I have chosen. Even I thought that why don't apple provide the cases or hire some company whom they trust have the best cases to fit their product but we can't help. There is no one who will listen to us.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

smithbell81 Guest

You can user certain type of skin cover for your ipod nano 4g, when I bought my ipod I also broken it down by accident than after searching some sites I found few of them which are fulfilling my criteria of protecting my ipod by using skin cover, mostly skin cover create problem for your camera outlet and touchpad which should be in priority. So, try ipod 4g skin cover by matching with your ipod.
    Last edited by smithbell81; 29-10-2011 at 09:58 AM.

I would recommend buying a screen protector + hard case combination. You can check out these screen protectors
    iPod touch screen protectors

and these hard cases from Griffin
    iPod touch 4g cases from griffin