Thread: NOKIA C6 wifi code or key issue

NOKIA C6 wifi code or key issue

I have recently purchased a new Nokia C6 phone from one of the nearest nokia phone gallery and the performance of the phone is quite good but it has some issues with the wifi connection. I tried to connect the wlan and the wifi to the phone and started the settings but after some of the steps it will provided me with the message as The phone requires a wifi code or you can say wifi Key to established the connection. So what id the wifi code and form where i can get these code to resolve the issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated. It also said that the code that is the wifi key must be of the 8 digits so please help with an answer.

Re: NOKIA C6 wifi code or key issue

If you want to connect the Nokia C6 phone with the router for the wifi connection then you will require a wireless network address which will connect the phone from the router in the Wireless mode. The wifi code or the wifi key that you have mentioned can be obtained automatically in the phone as it auto detects it from the router. If your phone is not able to get that then there is not a problem, you just need to connect the phone through the Nokia PC Suite and then start the browser if it is working then open the command prompt and then type the "ipconfig" in dos to get the wifi code or the Wifi key which will resolve your problem. Copy that and then start the process of the wifi connection to the router and enter the code that you have generated in the dos, these will solve the problem.

The solution provided by you is not helpful for my Nokia phone I tried it in the phone and it is not working for me. I have generated the "ipconfig" in dos mode and then try to enter it in the input box provided in the phone but it provided me an error message as these is an invalid wifi key please enter the proper 8 digit code to connect Nokia C6 to the router and if then too the problem exists then you can contact the Nokia customer care assistance for further help and support.

The wifi code or the wifi key that you have stated can be obtained from the Internet service provider of the sim card which will provide you with the 8 Digits code for the wireless connection to the internet. After you receive the code from the internet service provider, you can easily enter in the input box that will pop-up at the time of the wlan wifi settings in the phone; these will resolve the problem and contact the service provider for the code and take it from the SMS message or personally visits the place of the sim card service provider for further help and support.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The Wireless Networks you are trying to get linked either are in WEP protection or WPA or WPA 2 protection. the WLan scheduled network you're trying to get linked it needs "Pre-shared" keys, it can be 20 number Long, you necessitate to ask whoever possess of that Network, you can only use "Open Network" with not any hassle, you can find such networks at Hospital, airport, Universities, Cafes, schools or some chief region as big malls and shops etc, so you need to take the permission from the owner of the wireless connection that is the wifi and they will provide you with the wifi code or the wifi code to connect to the router of there owns, these will resolve the problem for sure.

I suppose you desire to get associated to your home wifi or wlan router. Locating up WLAN in Nokia C6 mobile phone is parallel to using a laptop on wifi connection. If you desire to get connected to community wifi network or to an accessible wifi network, then the service provider should give you with the key. If you wish for to setup your residence wifi router, you necessitate verifying for the network key beneath the Wireless-Security segment in your home wifi router. Login as "admin" to your router, usually configured at http://192.168.1.1; go to the Wireless-Security segment. Then follow the settings as given below to complete the process as SSID : <Name of your wifi router or network> after that you need to input Network authentication as open and the WEP encryption should be enabled. The encryption strength must be 64 along with the current network key as 1, the Network key 1 is <wifi network key>. The wifi network key has to be going in when your Nokia C6 asks for it which will resolve the problem and you will get the solution for sure.

The wifi key that you want can only be obtained from the service provider of the sim card and of the internet service provider which will give you a 8 digit code for establishing the connection. The other alternative to these is that when you try to connect the phone with the wireless router then you will have to pass through the authentication process of the router owner and you have enter the password or you can say the wifi key or the wifi code which you can obtained from the owner of the router and the network at that particular place. These will resolve your problem for sure and if then too if you do not get the connection established then you can contact the customer assistance of your service provider that provides the services for the network and the Sim Card.