Thread: Sleep and Volume Buttons not working on iPod Touch 4G

Sleep and Volume Buttons not working on iPod Touch 4G

I just got the iPod touch. Its provide the functions to work. Every application is working proper in it. But yesterday when I went to hit the sleep button it did not respond further. I then went into the setting menu and then I shut down my iPhone for few minutes. After sometime when I started it but it was not turning on. The sleep and the volume buttons still not responded. I could adjust the volume and put it back to sleep. I ran an app or two, and when I went to put it to sleep, the buttons had stopped responding again. Everything else on the iPod functions perfectly during these outages, just not the external buttons. Anyone have problem like this. I am trying to figure it out but it still not working.

Re: Sleep and Volume Buttons not working on iPod Touch 4G

I had got the solution for it. It may work or maybe not. I had also encountered with the similar problem but I done something that I properly not remembered. I am not sure of them that really helped or if it was just by chance they started working again. The first thing I tried is I synchronize my iPod with iTunes and then removed it from the program. I did nor straight away grab it out of the clock, when I tend to do. After some micro seconds later the keys started to work automatically. Second thing I tried is, within 30 seconds though as well I held down all 3 keys for just a second or two and the volume graphic came up and all 3 keys worked. I am not 100 percent sure whether it is the right solution for it.

I also had the very similar kind of problem. It sleep and volume button are not working. I mean when I press them, nothing happens. I have tried to make the full restoration by using the itunes for more then 3 times. But it really did not solve my problem. These three buttons cannot be use, the first thing I get is my iPod drains power by itself very fast, only within one day of standing by. Secondly, it's not so joyful when listening to music, because every time I want to adjust the output volume, I have to use the main screen instead using the two physical buttons on the left side of my iPod. I thought it to return back to the apple store.

This is the problem I face with my brand new iPod. Mine sleep buttons are not working due to which I am unable to set a alarm. It is frustrating me much because I got it in the very next week. My volume button is working properly but problem is there in my sleep button. Also after playing some application some buttons does not respond. It randomly works whenever it wants to. Many are having the same kind of problem either their sleep button is not working or the volume button is not working. I am also the one among this problem. Please help me to fix this problem otherwise I am thinking of returning it back to the Apple gallery.