Thread: iPod Touch 4G cannot connect to Jawbone headset

iPod Touch 4G cannot connect to Jawbone headset

I currently bought a brand new iPod Touch 4G. The problem with it is that it does not connect to the jawbone headset. Bluetooth usually detects it but it is not possible to connect with it. It displays me the error message that “Unable to connect”. It was visible to an Iphone 4. I then managed to go to the settings whether the Apple crippled it by leaving out the Bluetooth profile for hand free. I just searched and found whether the Bluetooth profile chart display it or not. The Bluetooth display the pair of Bluetooth headset, car kit or the other Bluetooth device with iPod touch. Is there any way that the Apple will add the jawbone profile to its Bluetooth menu?

Re: iPod Touch 4G cannot connect to Jawbone headset

The Bluetooth issue with the iPhone caused me to return back the phone. As a business man I am totally rely on the Bluetooth headset. As I am on the phone for 3 to 4 hours a day I am totally dependent on the Bluetooth headphone. When I had call the sound some time get muffed or clipped or sometime get disconnected during the calls. This problem exists in my both headphone of jawbone and Motorola. This headphone worked fine on the other phone. I get so sicken tired of saying "what?" to the other caller that I turn off my headset and use the phone. To make matter worse, the proximity sensor then put my mike on mute or the other person on hold!! I even tried the speaker phone and work with this thing but the speaker is too low and not clear. At time I totally got frustrated with it. Then I refund the iphone.

Its quite amazing that you said it,it took a few weeks for me before you showed this problem on this blog. My iPhone 4 Bluetooth connection was working great for about a month, but then over the last couple of weeks I've seen a major decrease in the quality of the Bluetooth headphone. I make use of it mostly for listening the music and podcasts on walk to and from work. After sometime it reduces its quality in listening to the music. Now it cuts in and out anytime my head turns even a bit to the right, or it moves too much in my pocket and I can only make and receive the calls. It might be the problem with iphone 4 only.

The very same problem occurred with my phone. Many features may not be available when using an iPhone or iPod touch with third-party Bluetooth accessories. Accessories can offer custom features that do not fully conform to industry-standard Bluetooth protocols. In addition, changes to the IOS made to ensure compatibility with industry standards may affect accessory functionality. You may notice that certain Bluetooth features no longer function as expected after updating to the latest version of the iOS. This is expected behavior and does not indicate an issue with your iPhone or iPod touch. The iphone touch only supports a Bluetooth headset that is the headphones or speakers. It will not pair with a Jawbone. The iphone touch has only been able to connect with headphones or speakers since Bluetooth was released with the device.

The iPhone touch only supports Bluetooth headsets such as head phone or the speakers. It will not pair with a jawbone. Jawbone Icon has A2DP profile and the another models of jawbones has not such kind of profile. If the Apple can't solve this problem quickly with the help of a software, I hope Apple at least figures out what is wrong and will at least be able to tell me what Bluetooth headset I can buy for a reliable device. The apple phone had a good functionality but most problems seen with it is that it does not connect to the Bluetooth head phone properly.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"