Thread: Apple iTunes 10 turns Grey

Apple iTunes 10 turns Grey

Hey friends I have just got a new Apple ipod and the problem is that the itune that is present in the apple is turned Grey. Before when my friend had just brought the ipod touch its interface was having a colorful display, but what is the problem with my ipod i don't know and this interface is bothering me a lot. Just tell me a solution as to how can I just change the interface which will look colorful as my friend is currently using. The Grey is a dull color and its not looking good.

Re: Apple iTunes 10 turns Grey

There is a option that if you are not interested with the software that is currently being used you can change the current version to the older version by following the simple steps that are easily performed by the user:
    1) At the starting you need to download the color itunes 10.zip
    2) It displays a application where you can navigate freely in it and find out the show package contents option that is available in ipod contents options.
    3) Further you have to take the Backup of itune.rsrc before performing the action of replacing the itunes.
    4) The itune.rsrc file should be copied to the new path i.e in the /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/ and this will replace the existing file.
    This will provide you with the older version of itune and can be used for further sync with any system.

Ypu have other options to if you don't want to install the above given files through the installation procedure and then try the other method of navigating to the terminal and then you got to enter the command of (defaults write com.apple.iTunes full-window -boolean YES) and then alternately relaunch the itune and see that the interface have changed or not. This should definitely solve the problem and then you can get the previous itune option that will work perfectly with your system and you can also get a colorful interface.

There is another option for you by which you can upgrade the existing itune 10 by relaunching the software and then try out to open the terminal. The terminal can be opened by the writing the following command i.e defaults write com.apple.iTunes full-window -1 and after writing the command press the return option and then re-launch the itune 10 and then all the controls should be in the proper place.

You can also visit the official site of the apple ipod and can get the help support from their support team they will also tell you to get your system checked in the near by retailer shop of the apple ipod, or the other way round is that you can directly go to the retailer from where you have brought the ipod and he might have got the similar issues with the customer views with him,and should have find a solution for the same. The retailer might provide you with the new itune set-up that you might want it or help to upgrade the software details. This should help you out and provide you the desired interface.