Thread: How to Access microphone with Windows Phone 7 Series application

How to Access microphone with Windows Phone 7 Series application

From one week I am trying to make an application which is able to utilize the microphone on the new Windows Phone 7 Series. But regarding this the major issue is I am not able to get any kind of documentation which would suggest me that hoe am I able to bring about this. I have searched a lot on the website but not succeeded till now. If you have any kind of advice related to this then please help me.

Re: How to Access microphone with Windows Phone 7 Series application

I want to say that currently I do not have any kind sample code related to your issue but there is one way through which I think can fix your issue. Actually you are able to use the Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio namespace in your Silverlight application to obtain access to the Microphone Class. So I think this will provide your solution.

Actually XNA audio APIs are main to record with the microphone on Windows Phone 7. Once you get the call .start you are able to sample the microphone along with the .GetData method. It gives back a raw byte stream of the data which is coming from the microphone. And it is the form of in 16-bit mono format. And if you are getting any kind of issue at the time of using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio namespace so you can post your issue I am here to help you.

After reading your post I think you want to make a microphone based application which is to be used in device. On the other hand it is not obvious that if you have a device to attempt and test straight away or utilizing the XDE Emulator. So would you please make this clear for me that if you have Windows Phone 7 Series handset to attempt on or still making use of XDE?