Thread: Does windows phone 7 support native calls

Does windows phone 7 support native calls

Hey friends I am planning to get a new phone and that is why I want to know that whether windows 7 support for native calls, Multitasking, sockets, SQL CE and the last thing is that local applications deployment. I am going to buy it in upcoming week so please let me inform soon. And if it is not there so should I wait for the release of the windows phone 8 which is going to release in the 2011. Please reply me soon I am waiting for it.

Re: Does windows phone 7 support native calls

I have got these little bit of information from the net related to this thread I hope this will help you. Whatever you have given here I know regarding that these all are unsupported in the windows phone 7. Here is some information so you just go through this. First thing that is about the native calls, actually this feature is obtainable to OEM developers, and the application which use the native call it is not supported in to the Marketplace. And the next thing is multitasking in this you do not have any of the control on to the application which you open or closed. So that much I know related to your thread so I hope this will help you. And in future releases I do not get any information I mean related to the windows phone 8.

Regarding your thread I have also gotten the information and in this sockets are not supported in Silverlight Mobile. I am also worry about these features. I like windows phone but because of these issue I do not want it. And I am also waiting for the next release of the windows phone and I hope that these limitations will be take care in that release. And related to the local applications deployment, in that as a developer, you are able to side load your own application only for testing on your individual device.

I was very enthusiast in the starting but later than reading a small number of threads on this forum I am getting more and more dissatisfied. I want to know clearly that whatever you are telling it is true or not. Because you guys are telling that in the next release they will take care of these issues. SO till that I will wait and if it is not then my time will get waste. So please tell me clearly that whether this is going to fix in the next launch or not.

Hey buddy first of all I want to share good news about this issue with you. Actually regarding this I have received the opinion from the GPM for the Microsoft VS Languages team. And in that they told me that “there will without doubt be sustain for writing VB application for Windows Phone 7, but we are still working on the details and the timeline”. So I think they are working to fix this kind of issue in future.