Thread: What to do - service center broke Macbook Air and refuses to repair

What to do - service center broke Macbook Air and refuses to repair

I have been using my Macbook Air from a long time which was purchased a year ago. I recently gave it to service center for fixing the problem of unable to detect the USB drives. As my Macbook Air have crossed the warranty period I have to pay them to fix this problem. After a week they called me and informed me that the problem has been solved and I can take the laptop with me. I took the laptop without looking at and walk in to my home. After reaching my home, I try to use it to make sure the problem was solved and it was actually solved. I was happy to use my USB drives once again. But then I noticed that my Macbook Air has been broken from the side face. I took it again to the service center but they said they can't do anything. They said they are not responsible for the goods once it has been left from our place. But I didn't do anything with the laptop then how can it be broken? Why they are not ready to repair or replace it now? Isn't this there responsibility to look after this? What can I do now?

Re: What to do - service center broke Macbook Air and refuses to repair

First of all, which service center are you talking about? Was it Apple store or any other local repairing center from where you got it repaired? If it was not from the Apple Store then no one can help you because it is upto them what rules they have as they are a private sector company. If it is from Apple Store, you can take the laptop to you to get things solved. They have to replace it anyhow. If they refuses then you can even launch a complaint against the person who say no. There is also a complaint center on Apple Store where users complaints are taken care of.

Yes it was from a local shop. I was not able to get the place where Apple Store was located and because of emergency in solving this matter, I was forced to get it repaired from the local shop. And I also didn't took it to Apple store because I thought my computer is out of warranty and so they will not solve my problem. Isn't that true? Do you think they will look into the matter or try to solve the problem? If you think I should contact Apple then I am ready to go their but the problem is that I don't have their address or the contact number. Can anyone provide me? I will contact them as soon as possible and see what they say.

I don't think Apple support team will help him and I have two reasons to say like that. Firstly because his Macbook Air is not at all in warranty period. Secondly because it has recently repaired his product from an external company and Apple will not take the responsibility of its product anyhow. Whatever may be the case, you can give it a try to see if Apple can help you by chance. Its up to your luck. Call the technical support number and ask them to show you some direction or get it repaired. If at all they agree to solve the problem then keep one point in mind that you will charged. Also if at all there is no chances to identify that you have taken your Macbook to some local store, don't tell them that and just ask them to repair it. They will never come to know about this problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Indeed you can take your Macbook Air to Apple store and they will definitely fix this problem. They will not refuse it anyhow since this comes under their policies. But it is obvious that you have to pay for that since your laptop is out of warranty. But before going to Apple store I would advice you that you should take this further with the repair center from where you have actually got it repaired. You can argue with them but don't loose your control because you have to get your Macbook Air problem fixed. It is indeed their responsibility to solve this problem without the cost incurred to you. Since this is their fault, they should bear the cost. If they refuse to take any action then you can even take legal action against them. But that's up to you.