Thread: Tap to Click stops working on startup in Macbook Air

Tap to Click stops working on startup in Macbook Air

Hii everyone.. I have a small issue regarding the click on my Macbook Air laptop. Whenever i tap to click on my laptop it does not respond.. Infact it stops working. Every time I start my MacBook Air laptop and then tap to click, that's the point it stops working. But after I deselect it and then again reselect the option from my preferences, it works but how many times you will do this thing... Is there any permanent fix for this problem that anybody knows about? Please anybody having knowledge about this issue can post their replies here so that i can overcome this problem..

Re: Tap to Click stops working on startup in Macbook Air

Hey don't worry. your problem will be solved. I had the same problem with my laptop. I am going to give a solution for this.You can try logging into another User account and test it from there whether it is working or not. You may have a corrupt preference 'plist' file in your main User Library -->specifically System Preferences.
    HD -> User -> Library -> Preferences -> com.apple.system preferences.plist

I have recently used one Bootcamp to install Windows XP on my friends new Macbook Air laptop. First it worked quite well but then it seem to be one small problem. When the computer has been booted with Windows program, then the next time Operating System X is started, the "Tap to click" function is disabled. But when I go to the system settings to enable it, I see that the check-box next to "Tap to Click" is already checked. So to make it work I have to remove the check-mark and then click it again, then it is enabled again.
    I have tried this many a times but nothing worked. So i request to give a proper solution for this.

I think it started after upgrading to 10.5.6 from 10.5.5. Indeed it is a very annoying and disgraceful issue. I have tried to upload the software and after that when i updated it these kind of problems started occurring in my computer.
    MackBook Air just came back from LCD and main board replacement. I thought if their is any other hardware related problem.. But lets see.. Now lets hope this one will be fixed by a software update soon.