Thread: Emulator problem while installing with Windows Phone 7

Emulator problem while installing with Windows Phone 7

I do not know what could have been causing this issue but when I try to run a program I get an error which says failed to deploy to the device: Deploy started: Project: WindowsPhoneListApplication3, Configuration: Debug Any CPU. Also I am not able to select any device with the same. My Windows mobile is been connected which is been loaded with Windows phone 7. Also after the initial installation my Visual Studio 2010 wont even launch. It says due to some due to some permissions issues with the AppData folders. Please help me out so that I can make the things to work well and make it function as required. Hope to get the things to be cleared. I use Windows 7 on my desktop.

Re: Emulator problem while installing with Windows Phone 7

It could be due to the admin rights issue which is the reason you are not able to process out for the required thing and changes. In order to get the implementation to be functioned and make it work you have to make sure that the application is been well stable and has no bug issue with the same. Now you need to process that is by Try setting VS2010 to launch as Administrator: Make sure you are logged in as Administrator. Right click on Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone, choose Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and turn on the check box for "Run this program as an Administrator". Relaunch Visual Studio. Make sure that you have logged in to the system with admin rights or administrator account. As you fulfill this needs and tasks you may then be able to perform with the thing without any problem. Look out.

There is another way through which you can make the issue to be processed or sorted out well. All you need to do is to check out or make the solution to be closed. When it is been done you need to delete the solution.suo or project.user file. Then try to reopen the same. You may then be able to get sort of the thing and make the application or the emulator to work as required. So process out the assisted thing and you may then be able to get to a better conclusion as needed. the emulator will then be able to perform with no issue.

For your information there are certain parameters which needs to be taken into consideration which will be helpful and you may then need to process out well. The emulator requires DX10, at least to fully support XNA (although you are testing via a Silverlight app). It could be that there is some issue related to the video card in your computer. Check the video driver settings to confirm that the card is DX10 and not throttled down. I believe there are instructions in the documentation regarding how to test DirectX settings. So get the latest driver to be installed with the same and then perform accordingly. You may be able out get the application or things to be worked as you need.

You can perform the desired thing well as required. All you need to do is to get some steps to be functioned as needed. It will be helpful and beneficial to make the implementation for the same. You have to right click on the "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone" link on the Windows Start menu and select the Properties tab. Now as the same is been performed you have need to go to the compatibility tab and select the Privilege level option to run the program in an administrator" mode. Look out for the conclusion after this things has been performed and made to work well for you. It will be supported and can hence then function out as required. Check for the same.

Try reinstalling the Visual Studio 2010 application that you have. It will be better for you. There can be a possibility that the application may have some bug or some issue and this is the reason you are not able to cope well with the same and function as needed. So in order to get the implementation to be done well or perform accordingly I would suggest you to make the essential changes and then perform accordingly for the thing. This will be better and you may be able to work with the required.

Perform some essential steps that is mentioned. It will be better and you may then be able to get sort of the issue that you are facing. This is necessary and essential for you. So do make the changes to get worked. The steps are given as follows:

• First you need to Open Cmd.exe window
    • Now you have to change to Emulator directory:C:\Program Files\Microsoft XDE\1.0
    • Then run the Windows Phone 7 emulator:xde.exe C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\WindowsPhone\v7.0\Emulation\Images\WM70C1.bin

As the above steps is been followed you may then be able to work or function accordingly with the thing as needed. So check out for the change and then make the implementation as assisted.