Thread: Not able to cut/paste in finder on macbook

Not able to cut/paste in finder on macbook

I am using Macbook air at my place with snow leopard operating system which works great but recently I faced problem while working with finder. In finder I am not able to cut selected item instead have to copy/paste that and then delete from the original place. I am not able to resolve the issue and not able to find the reason for such thing happening in finder using snow leopard. So if anyone having information related to this please provide me the solution and the reason of such problem in my macbook air.

Re: Not able to cut/paste in finder on macbook

I am assuming that you are talking about cut/paste within an application that may be Word, Textedit or Finder. I think you are trying to cut and move file to folder or external hard drive. So I have to tell you that if you are using Finder than in macbook it doesn't have cut function, it just have copy. So there is no such issue that only you are not able to cut as Macbook user which working with Finder face same problem. So I think you need to do same thing you are current doing as copying files to location you want and then delete the file or item from the original place where it is already existing. I think this will clear your mind about the Finder on your macbook air.

I am having similar problem when i am try to move some of the folder from my drive to some other drive or folder i am not able to cut it from the original position. I have to first copy paste the folder at the place to which i want to move that folder and again go back to the original place to delete that from that place. But can be the problem. I am using macbook pro with Mac OS X as operating system.

This is a regular Mac performance. The "normal" way of doing things would, be to draw and drop the file, probably using the desktop as middle step, if the folder you want to move the file to isn't instantly presented. you can also do arrangement Expose to illustrate Desktop from one "hot corner" on your screen, draw the files at corner, stay till the desktop show up, then take mouse to the folder by default Mac OS X uses "spring loaded folders" after certain time period the folder will routinely open and after you move to the location just release the mouse button there. This will solve your problem surely.

There are certain Key characteristic missing in finder:
    1) Lack of tabbed browser support.
    2) Immobilize of cut/paste support.
    I recognize it’s likely to drag/drop folders to move, however the proposal that the desktop you can use as an intermediary step is not a good one where files are situated on different disk partitions - or within a disk image.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"