Thread: Cloud Storage and Windows Phone 7

Cloud Storage and Windows Phone 7

I am using the Windows phone 7 from a long time and wanted to know that currently what are the ways by which i can upload data from the phone such as the text files and the photos to a cloud service, mainly i am using the azure service. I wanted to know about the Azure service and is there any way to use these service inexpensively, currently i think that the web service is the only way to get the connection and use the servcie. I also wanted to know that can i interface from my application on the Windows phone 7 with the cloud, please explain it with an example; any suggestion on the topic will be grateful to resolve the issue and any information about the push notifications will help to a great extent.

Re: Cloud Storage and Windows Phone 7

The Windows Azure stand is a supple cloud–computing platform that lets you center on solving business troubles and addressing client needs. No necessitate spending open on expensive communications. Pay merely for what you utilize, scale up when you need ability and pull it back when you don’t. We grip all the patches and preservation — all in a safe environment with more than 99.9% uptime. Http Web Request, WCF, Web Client and Push announcement are the most important options obtainable to you at this time. Web knowledge such as HTTPGET and Web Services are carry as methods of communicating on the Internet. You can also utilize Push Notifications for announcement when your request is not running.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thank you for the reply as you have provided the information about the azure and the push notifications now i wanted to know about how can I leverage the push notifications in the windows phone 7. Also tell me how to use the Azure service in the windows phone 7 and what will the cost of these service, is it is a free service or i have to pay for these any suggestion on the issue will be appreciated to resolve the problem.

Push announcement are a way that you can have your server send a minute message to the phone and have it shown on the major screen that a position change involving their data has raised. This could be a numeric count, a minute image, or a some other minute form of data. Developing the cloud surface to go with your WP7 Application. When you are raising a ‘connected’ request for Windows Phone 7 you will necessitate to first decide if what you want to do is probable with existing services that you can influence and consume. If you can leverage existing services then just spotlight on interfacing with them properly and you must be good to go. This is almost certainly the simplest and easiest type of connected application you can build from a communications standpoint.

If you want to use the push notifications on the Windows Phone 7 and When you're prepared to apply Microsoft Push Notifications in your Windows Phone application then you have to follow the below steps to perform the action;
    • Try to find an existing channel
    • There is a high-quality chance that if your WP request is using MPN, a constant channel previously exists for your request. If it does exist, trying to generate an innovative one will fail and throw an exception therefore, it is improved to create by trying to find one before attempting to generate a new one.
    • Generate a fresh channel
    • Launch the channel URI to your cloud service
    • Record to receive tile and toast MPN messages
    • Grip incoming push notification messages
    • These all process are very detailed one and you required to have the basic coding HTML and other web service knowledge for that which will make your job easy and for further help and assistance you can visit the link here for windowsazure and the push notifications.

Connecting straight has some additional consideration though. You will have to figure out how to stay your customer data separate, which should not be too inflexible. The major thing I think to worry about is storing your key on the phone. It is imaginable the phone will be hacked at a number of time and if an important person could get your key they would gain admission to everything in your storage. I have been investigating that recently to see if there is a good way to stock up data like that steadily on the phone and have not approach up with something yet. So, connecting directly to the azure service has a number of the advantages which will provide to you a secure and proper access to your data and for further help and support you can contact the Microsoft where you can go in the windowsazure section to get the detailed knowledge.

If you are running position in the cloud then I would not attach directly for certain. The motivation to attach directly is $$$. If all you desire to do is stock up stuff like the movies and the data which are most valuable to you suggests and want to do it as cheaply as possible then you could connect straight to the azure storage and upload/download objects, then you wouldn’t have to run any turn at all. Just one roll is a least amount of $85 a month to run full time .So by linking directly you only have to pay for bandwidth in/out and the real storage space cost 0.15 per GB, this is the ultimate solution to your problem.