Thread: Create thumbnail of images in Windows Phone 7

Create thumbnail of images in Windows Phone 7

I have the Windows Phone 7 with me and the thing with me is that I want to have the Thumbnails on the same. Mind it I want to have the Thumbnails of the images and the photos that are present inside of the Windows Phone 7. For this I do not want to have any sort of third party application doing this thing for me. I want to have the thumbnails that can be of reduced size. Not only reduced in terms of appearance, I just want it to be reduced in the file size. Please suggest me some valuable solutions. I really want to have the this thing for me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Create thumbnail of images in Windows Phone 7

Well I do not think that you will have to go that long, well I do not know if you are aware of this thing, called System.Drawing, I am sure that this thing will really help you to get the thing under your belt. You can just try this and see if that can really help you obtain the solution. The System.Drawing namespace not only provides access to GDI but in addition to that also provides the basic graphics functionality. Hope that really help you. Thanks.

I do not think that can the post from Tamohar is really going to help you to fetch you the solution. I am saying this because while suggesting the same he just missed on the thing that in Windows Phone 7 there is no such thing like System.Drawing. Well the description that he gave was really good and up to the point but the situation get worse since it is no there in the Windows Phone 7. I will for sure try to search for the same and will post if I will get the thing. Till then you can wait for the other colleagues of mine to come up with some more solutions.

You want to have the thumbnail and I think that it will be going to be pretty easy. The way I would do it is to first deliver your image onto an image control in the following manner:
    <Image x:name="MyImage" Width="75" Height="75" Stretch="UniformToFill">
    After that you will be able to get the small display of the image that you want to have a thumbnail of. Here you will be able to make the visualization of the image control onto a writablebitmap. Then after that just accumulate the writablebitmap object to the photo hub or isolated storage.
    WriteableBitmap wb = new WriteableBitmap(75,75);
    wb.Render(this.MyImage,null);
    //here save the new image
    MemoryStream msWrite = new MemoryStream();
    wb.SaveJpeg(msWrite, wb.PixelWidth, wb.PixelHeight, 0, 100);
    msWrite.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
    new MediaLibrary().SavePicture(Guid.NewGuid().ToString() + ".jpg", msWrite); //This will save the image to the

Well I have something for you all and I do not think that this could be much successful since I have not tried this before. I hope that it might get work in your case. For you I think that if you want you can use the System.Windows.Media.Imaging namespace. It actually has a BitmapSource class. After that just try generating a new BitmapSource example having the size of the thumbnail and then transferring the images to it. I suppose that it will also allow you for compression, so that you can almost certainly renovate the picture to a .gif so that the footprint size can be reduced.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you all have given me. I am definitely going to try them and will post if I will find them working for me. I also knew that the System.Drawing is not the thing that is at all present in the newer version of the Windows Phone i.e. Windows Phone 7. Since if that would have been the case then I would have got that all by my own. I should have written that in the very first post of mine. Thanks a lot for of that. I will also wait for other members to come up with further suggestions. Thanks in advanced.