Thread: I cannot stream Netflix on my macbook air

I cannot stream Netflix on my macbook air

I am using macbook air and have Netflix software. The problem i am facing is that, i am not able to stream my macbook air. When i click on the play, then it gives the error message saying that i should have the following things.
    --OSX 10.5.8
    --1GB Ram
    --Safari 3
    I am having all the three things even though i am getting the error message. My system is connected to the internet using the wireless router. Please provide me some suggestion for this problem. I am looking to solve this out, so please help.

Install Microsoft's Silverlight in order to stream Netflix

I will suggest you to install Microsoft's Silverlight in order to stream Netflix. I was also getting the same problem when i was streaming the Netflix. I tried to install the Microsoft's Silverlight on it and fortunately it did solve my problem. So even you can try this out. You need to install Silverlight manually along with the Antivirus. You can it from apple site or from Microsoft site. I Hope that if you will go for this solution, it will help you in solving your problem.

Install Silverlight gives error message

I have tried to implement your instructions. When i tried to install Silverlight, then it is giving me the error message such as "my browser might not be supported ". After this message the downloading would get stopped. I have tried even other solution, but even doing all this did not help me in solving the problem. Can anyone help me out in solving my problem? I am in need of help, so please provide some help to me. I thank you for providing me the above help. I request you to suggest you solution as early as you can.

Try to disable the firewall or reset the firewall

Even i was facing the same problem on my system. I struggled a lot in order to get this problem solved. Finally after 20 days i got a solution and the solution helped me in solving my issue. Now i am providing you the same -
    -Tried to disable the firewall
    -Tried to reset the firewall
    Try this out and it will definitely solve your issue. For further support on this topic you can post your reply here.