Thread: Macbook Air: Non-stop USB Over Current Message

Macbook Air: Non-stop USB Over Current Message

I am having one issue with the Macbook Air which is now giving me error related to the USB Over Current, drawing too much power, port will be disabled. I am unable to resolve the same. I have no idea why i am getting the same issue. The continuously giving the same issue. If any one is having any about this kind of issue then please let me know about the working of the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Macbook Air: Non-stop USB Over Current Message

This is a known issue with Apple device which is giving the error withe same. The only which i know is nothing but the Power Management Unit (PMU) reset that will work with the same. After the reset, on some iBooks and PowerBooks, the system clock is set to 00:00 (GMT), 01 Jan 1970 for computers with Mac OS X or 00:00, 01 Jan 1904 for computers with Mac OS 9. To Learn how to reset the PowerBook and iBook Power Manager. Resetting the power manager also resets date and time settings you have to go through the below given link which will help you with the same. Here is the link for same.

I think this is something related with the USB which is not working properly and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. Did you installed any hardware with the USB port. If yes then it is better to connect the device to another USB port and see whether you are getting the same issue again or not. Also if possible for you then powered USB Hub. I hope after going through this you will be able to work with the error that you are getting. If this is not working with the issue of yours and you are getting the same issue then i will advise you to contact the Apple regarding the same. As they are the Manufacturer of the Macbook Air the it might be having the same issue. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working for you or not.

If you are getting this kind of issue then i will advise you to first disconnect all the hardware from the system i.e. drives, printers, scanners, cameras, etc. After performing the same now reboot then device into the same into the Safe Mode. To get into the safe mode Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone but not before. Now check whether any of the USB setting is detecting the corrupt installation. If yes then correct the same and work with the issue. I hope this will work with the issue of yours.

What are the PRAM or NVRAM? It is a storage area on your Mac, a small memory chip on the motherboard, Which stores the settings on your Mac even when it is turned off. If your Mac has a PowerPC processor, it is called PRAM. If your Mac has an Intel processor, it is called NVRAM. This memory contains a lot of things, as the name of the hard disk where to start, the screen resolution, the volume of your Mac, the settings of your mouse, everything about the RAM, but also the list of hardware installed on your Mac, as the WiFi chip, the chip Bluetooth or USB ports and the internal keyboard.
    Kernel Panic

If you have, such as selection problems on startup disk (a question mark that appears quickly at startup), problems of missing the chip WiFi / Airport or Bluetooth chip, or problems of non-recognition of ports, reset the PRAM / NVRAM your Mac can be a good idea.

To do this:
    • turn off your computer
    • restart your computer
    • instantly and simultaneously press the Command, Option, P and R.
    • hold on the keys when the computer restarts again and you hear the dong usual
    • release the keys.

Normally, your PRAM / NVRAM has been reset, and your problem solved. If not resolved, the problem is not just software. In my case, it would have meant that my Bluetooth chip was burned out.

If you are getting any issue with the Macbook Air then i will advise you to go with the below given step that will help you with the same. So just go through the same and see whether it is working with the same or not.

• Turn off your Mac
    • Locate key CMD - OPTION - P - R, and prepare your keys simultaneously to the
    • Turn your Mac
    • At the onset of gray screen with the apple, press CMD + OPTION + P + R, simultaneously
    • GONG second restart release the keys.