Thread: 11.6 unresponsive while streaming video/multitasking

11.6 unresponsive while streaming video/multitasking

I have MacBook Air 11.6 inch with me. I have recently installed the software update. I think this is the main cause of my problem. The problem is that I am unable to view any videos. I have noticed that this happens only when Macbook Air has to perform any streaming. It does not happen if I have to play any saved video, I can play it with QuickTime with out any problem. It first occurred me recently when I was seeing some videos on YouTube. Sometimes I don't have any video while other times it freezes and I have to restart my computer. What is the problem with my Macbook Air and how should I solve this problem?

High system usage may cause this problem

Next time you go to YouTube, go to utilities folder and select activity monitor, and then watch cpu levels. I think the MacBook Air is nearly maxed out and Safari on top of that would definitely affect it a lot. You can even check out the resource settings via terminal with the command. I personally use the command option. It clearly explains me what the operating system is dealing with behind the scene.

Seems to be some kind of bug

It seems to me a buffer overflow issue perhaps caused by the lack of proper streaming format. I had noticed a similar trouble of streaming video on my MacBook Pro recently. No matter which site I’m on the video becomes choppy and unwatchable. I took my mac computer to the Apple store to get it repaired and they said it is some bug and gave me a patch to fix this problem. The problem can also happen with other file formats such as AVI which is not supported on MacBook Air.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Can be due to network problem

Can you provide some more information about how you are streaming because it might help us to solve the problem in a much better way. Unable to stream videos can be due to a lot of problems. It could be due to network problem, wrong internet settings, high usage of bandwidth or any other problem. Make sure you have properly configured your network. If you are using wireless network, then make sure you are in the range of your wireless device. If required then you can restart your wireless device to avoid high usage of bandwidth or device busy in unknown activities.