Thread: MacBook Air 11" and Magic Mouse Issue

MacBook Air 11" and Magic Mouse Issue

I have recently purchased Macbook Air 11". I then connected my Magic Mouse with this computer. But the problem is that it doesn't work properly. Most often I have noticed that my Magic Mouse preforms very badly and sometime even the pointer stutters. I tried it on my previous laptop and it works with out any problem. Then I went to my friends house to get his USB mouse. I connected it to Macbook Air to see if it accepts the mouse or not. Yes, as I thought I was able to use my mouse without any problem. What do you think why is my magic mouse is not accepted by this Mac computer. Should I consider this as some problem with Macbook Air or some other problem? How can I solve this problem?

Magic Mouse may have clotted dust

I think your mouse ball has been clotted with dust. To remove this dust from your Magic mouse, take a sheet of paper. Place your mouse down on the paper so that the ball is in contact with the surface of the paper. Hold down your mouse and rub it gently in all directions and along the leaf the ball against paper. Perform this action for 1 minute or even more, if required. Once you have completed the above operation, you should find some dirt on the paper. Your mouse should now work properly. If not then repeat this procedure once again.

Did you installed the necessary drivers?

I think Macbook Air requires some drivers in order to use Magic mouse in it. Did you installed the necessary drivers or you just connected the mouse and started using it? It should not be causing because of the software incompatibility or due to your Macbook or something else. This is very common problem and a simple repair or update of the drivers should solve your problem. Install the drivers and restart your Mac computer. Try out this and you should have your mouse back working as it was on other computers. If this doesn't solve your problem then you can also check out the cables to make sure this isn't causing you the problem.

Re: MacBook Air 11" and Magic Mouse Issue

I had a very similar problem with Magic Mouse and it crashed my machine. I downloaded and installed the WirelessMouseSoftware update a lot of times and restarted it. I then re-connected the mouse successfully, but there was no gesture options in the Mouse System Preference. I went to the preferences but it didn't showed me anything except ordinary mouse. I even tried to run USB Overdrive uninstaller but it didn't detected anything. I then tried a lot of thing and researched about it. At last, I found an unknown file which named USBOverdrive.kext in System/Library/Extensions. As soon as I deleted it and rebooted my Mac computer, everything went fine.

Re: MacBook Air 11" and Magic Mouse Issue

Did you checked the settings for your Magic Mouse in System Preferences? Make sure it is the same as you have on other computers. If this doesn't solve your problem then you can take the mouse to Apple and ask them to solve your problem. If the problem is solvable then they will provide you the appropriate solution and if not then they will give you a replacement for the same without incurring a single penny. If you are given the choice to get a new one then I would suggest you to take the new model of Magic Mouse because the new models are better than the new one and doesn't involves any such kind of problem.